• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
mbribet

Unable to create ISO file

Question

I am trying to create a disk image of a blu-ray project. I select Burn Disk image but it doesn't give me the option of creating an ISO file. It only gives me the option to create a GI file. If I try to create an image of an SD project, it gives me the option of creating an ISO file.

5 answers to this question

I am trying to create a disk image of a blu-ray project. I select Burn Disk image but it doesn't give me the option of creating an ISO file. It only gives me the option to create a GI file. If I try to create an image of an SD project, it gives me the option of creating an ISO file.

From version 6.4 the creation of a Blu-Ray iso file was removed and replaced by the .gi structure instead.

Instead of "writing a file" , I would suggest that, for Blu-Ray, you create a volume instead.

Whether you choose to create a volume or a series of .gi files, DVDitProHD will be quite capable of burning either to a Blu-Ray disc.

Regards,

Douglas

From version 6.4 the creation of a Blu-Ray iso file was removed and replaced by the .gi structure instead.

Instead of "writing a file" , I would suggest that, for Blu-Ray, you create a volume instead.

Whether you choose to create a volume or a series of .gi files, DVDitProHD will be quite capable of burning either to a Blu-Ray disc.

Regards,

Douglas

Douglas,

If I may jump in here, the creation of a volume or series of .gi files is very inconvenient, as I use a virtual drive to mount .iso images to check BEFORE I have to potentially waste a very expensive disc!

Now, if you know of a way to virtually mount .gi files or a volume, I'd love to hear about it, but I really can't understand why Roxio took this option OUT of the software?

I am having to run a concatenation program that takes the .gi files and concatenates them into an .iso file, which on a full-blown blu-ray can add considerable time to the burning process. (actually, this only works in THEORY, I haven't done it successfully yet)

Being that the code was there before, I don't see why it can't be reinserted.

Right?

Frank

Edited by kinohead

Douglas,

If I may jump in here, the creation of a volume or series of .gi files is very inconvenient, as I use a virtual drive to mount .iso images to check BEFORE I have to potentially waste a very expensive disc!

Now, if you know of a way to virtually mount .gi files or a volume, I'd love to hear about it, but I really can't understand why Roxio took this option OUT of the software?

I am having to run a concatenation program that takes the .gi files and concatenates them into an .iso file, which on a full-blown blu-ray can add considerable time to the burning process. (actually, this only works in THEORY, I haven't done it successfully yet)

Being that the code was there before, I don't see why it can't be reinserted.

Right?

Frank

After kicking around a bit, I have discovered that the ability to mount folders was written out of the Blu-ray specification, no doubt in a misguided attempt to discourage copying the Blu-ray to HDD (there's a BILLION tools out there to do it). So, I have to believe the ability to write .iso files was removed from DVDit Pro HD for similar reasons.

In any event, I have made my first coaster with DVDit Pro HD because I couldn't mount the image and look at it before burning.

Even though the problem turned out to be easily fixed, I had to burn a bad BD and then go buy a BD-RE and spend another hour burning a check copy to discover the problem, when I could have just mounted the folders or an .iso file and check it.

I find this a major flaw in the software.

Please fix it.

After kicking around a bit, I have discovered that the ability to mount folders was written out of the Blu-ray specification, no doubt in a misguided attempt to discourage copying the Blu-ray to HDD (there's a BILLION tools out there to do it). So, I have to believe the ability to write .iso files was removed from DVDit Pro HD for similar reasons.

In any event, I have made my first coaster with DVDit Pro HD because I couldn't mount the image and look at it before burning.

Even though the problem turned out to be easily fixed, I had to burn a bad BD and then go buy a BD-RE and spend another hour burning a check copy to discover the problem, when I could have just mounted the folders or an .iso file and check it.

Please fix it.

First of all I have no definite information about where DVDitProHD is heading.

But I have heard a few things that can be added together.............. and maybe my maths are not correct....but......

Once again I will mention Sonic BD PowerStation .

It contains an application called Scenarist QC (Quality Control)

The software plays Blu-Ray folders, and at the same time creates a report of each step being taken with bugs reported...... It is used in Powerstation to playback and check the folders created by DVDitProHD when "writing to volume".

No problems there.

Now to my maths...... I have a feeling that Sonic will take more care of DVDitProHD in the future and update it, to bring it up to the standards of the other 2 applications in the PowerStation Suite.

Where does that leave "Roxio" DVDitProHD? I honestly don't know.

But I have a feeling things may begin to unfold next year.............

(Nice to be able to speculate on this Forum... :rolleyes: )

Regards,

Douglas

Please fix it.

Roxio destroyed this very nice workflow with creating bd iso files when they released 6,4 , assuming that we all are hackers.

Instead of speculating and wait for what Roxio might do in the future, or buy an app for 2,5 K $ , try to find version 6,3 , might force you to only use XP SP3 and also maybe only WMP 10 but works great if you manually add the montecarlo patch into the old app.