• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New Toast 10 User Needs Help

Kent Bond

Question

I recently upgraded from Toast 5 to Toast 10. In Toast 5, when ripping a CD, I was able to select which trax (or traxes) I wanted to extract. I then clicked on extract and shortly, the extracted .aiff files appeared on my desktop. In Toast 10, when I insert a CD from which I want to extract some but not all traxes, Toast automatically begins extracting all traxes. I frequently need to extract only four or five traxes from CDs containing eighty or ninety traxes. Isn't there some way in Toast 10 to select the traxes I want to extract rather than having to sit and wait for the entire CD to be extracted? Also, how do I tell Toast 10 where I want the extracted .aiff files to appear?

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Kent Bond

2 answers to this question

As far as using Toast 5 is concerned, back in the time using OS9 and earlier versions, the process you mentioned was the most optimized way to achieve the results. After OSX, things have changed the way OS handles Audio discs. What you are trying to achieve i.e. selective tracks extracted to desired folder can also be achieved by using iTunes. But the most optimized way would be to insert the Audio CD into the drive and open it. The select one or more tracks that you desire to extract and drag it on the desktop. This will extract the respective files in .aiff format to your desired location and with less effort :)

As far as using Toast 5 is concerned, back in the time using OS9 and earlier versions, the process you mentioned was the most optimized way to achieve the results. After OSX, things have changed the way OS handles Audio discs. What you are trying to achieve i.e. selective tracks extracted to desired folder can also be achieved by using iTunes. But the most optimized way would be to insert the Audio CD into the drive and open it. The select one or more tracks that you desire to extract and drag it on the desktop. This will extract the respective files in .aiff format to your desired location and with less effort :)

What a great suggestion! Just opening the disc and dragging the tracks I want to the desktop is so simple -- I can't believe after all these years I didn't know you could do that. I just assumed you had to use Toast or iTunes to extract tracks. You greatly simplified my work. Thanks for taking the time to post!