• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Builder: Previewing Movies containing "stills"(JPGs etc)

I am running an AMD Athlon 1000mhz with 256M, WIN 98SE, Easy CD & DVD Creator Home 6.2.0.132

When JPGs, Bmps are in the DVD project, it will not preview them. I also get "error starting the movie" when I doubleclick on the movie handle or rightclick on movie handle and preview. When clicking on the button(Preview your project as it would appear on TV) it does nothing after intro plays and you click on movie icon and nothing. It was working fine before. I had burned/previewed multiple Projects before with stills and now when I open up those saved projects, they dont preview the stills. AVIs, MPGs, and MOVs seem to work just fine. My other slideshow softwares work just fine with JPGs and BMPs. It appears to burn to disc just fine.

I have done hardware/software upgrades/installs.

What would cause this??? What is DVD Builder Looking for or what does it require? What are the complete requirements it needs with relationship to previewing stills??

If it worked before, you meet all of the requirements.

Since it does throw an error, you should try Repair or Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall from the Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs.

I've done that and still get same results.

What DLL(s) or other files within DVD Builder are responsible for stills being Previewed in a project? Is there a descriptor list for the Roxio Software Files as they pertain to DVD Builder(i.e. hierarchy)?

I thank you in advance for your reply(s) :-) ><>

I've done that and still get same results.

What DLL(s) or other files within DVD Builder are responsible for stills being Previewed in a project? Is there a descriptor list for the Roxio Software Files as they pertain to DVD Builder(i.e. hierarchy)?

I thank you in advance for your reply(s) :-) ><>

I have no idea but I still contend that there is something else afoot here…

If a program works and then ceases to function, uninstall/reboot/reinstall will cure it if it is a problem with that program!

If it does not fix it, then the problem is not within that program…

The normal 'test' is to take what is included in the program and make a little project with that.

Under Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6, there are several bmp files included.

Copy several to a test directory and make a slideshow with them.

Assuming it works, use the included PhotoSuite program to convert these to jpgs and do another slideshow.

Assuming that works, load some of your jpgs into PhotoSuite and do a Save As into that test directory. Then try another slideshow.

What happens???

The basis of this troubleshooting is to work with a known quantity, the bmps, then slightly alter them, jpgs, and lastly introduce the problem files.

Archived