• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Editor time grid Problem

John_G

Question

I have encountered a strange problem with the time grid (vertical bars) in the sound editor. When I zoom it so that the grid displays details of each second, the last 1/4 of each second is missing! The grid times will be (for example) 1:09.72, 1:09.73, 1:09.74, 1:10.00 ....

Where did the last quarter second go? This is a real problem when I am trying to select short portions of the clip - the time span selected will be 2.74 or 3.00 - nothing in between. So how long did I select? 2.74? 3.00? something else? I am quite sure this is happening at all zoom levels, it's just not noticible.

A reply to a help ticket I sent to the technical group indicated the bug was with the software engineering group, but of course they didn't say how long it had been there...

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour before, and is there a fix? I am copying my LP's to CD's, and since 1 revolution of a LP is 1.8 seconds, you can see the problems I have trying to select 1.8 seconds to delete.

A suggestions will be much appreciated.

P.S. - is there a way to attach a .jpg screen shot to these postings? I am new here and cannot see a way to do it.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I have encountered a strange problem with the time grid (vertical bars) in the sound editor. When I zoom it so that the grid displays details of each second, the last 1/4 of each second is missing! The grid times will be (for example) 1:09.72, 1:09.73, 1:09.74, 1:10.00 ....

Where did the last quarter second go? This is a real problem when I am trying to select short portions of the clip - the time span selected will be 2.74 or 3.00 - nothing in between. So how long did I select? 2.74? 3.00? something else? I am quite sure this is happening at all zoom levels, it's just not noticible.

A reply to a help ticket I sent to the technical group indicated the bug was with the software engineering group, but of course they didn't say how long it had been there...

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour before, and is there a fix? I am copying my LP's to CD's, and since 1 revolution of a LP is 1.8 seconds, you can see the problems I have trying to select 1.8 seconds to delete.

A suggestions will be much appreciated.

P.S. - is there a way to attach a .jpg screen shot to these postings? I am new here and cannot see a way to do it.

Thanks

This has been noted in every version and is not really a bug .

Read the discussion in this thread. To almost everyone its a strange way of marking time :blink:

Thanks for the info and the link - now that I know what's happening I can figure out what to do.

Just for interest, here is the reply I received from Roxio this morning:

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# )

Hi Mr.xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care,

As of now there is still no patch for this bug but we have already submitted this issue to our software engineering department in order to address this issue please check our website if there are any updates on your program

Regards,

Roxio Customer Care

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support

So, support calls it a bug, but programming says "that's how it works." I won't hold my breath!

Cheers!

John

Thanks for the info and the link - now that I know what's happening I can figure out what to do.

Just for interest, here is the reply I received from Roxio this morning:

A Roxio Agent has responded to your ticket! (# )

Hi Mr.xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care,

As of now there is still no patch for this bug but we have already submitted this issue to our software engineering department in order to address this issue please check our website if there are any updates on your program

Regards,

Roxio Customer Care

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support

So, support calls it a bug, but programming says "that's how it works." I won't hold my breath!

Cheers!

John

I sure wouldn't, since it has been broken the past 5 versions of the software.

Archived