Does EMC8 change DATES of picture files? Open/resave them?

gfcatlanta

Question

I just installed Roxio EMC8 on 5/31/06. (Plain, not Deluxe. English). I tried out a few applications, especially video and DVD related. I recall starting something new, I think it was a movie project, and selecting something like "insert picture". I recall it started grabbing/displaying about every jpg I have on my PC, so I could pick whatever wanted. No big deal I thought, but...

Today I was cleaning up some files and folders and to make a long story short... eventually discoverd that nearly *ALL* my jpg and other image files over the past 10-15 years now have a new date. You guessed it... 5/31/06.

Which application in EMC8 likely did this? Was it "Media Manager"? Did it rip throught the PC's folders and files and "open and resave" every jpg, bmp, etc.? Why? Did it alter the files in ANY other way at all, especially any content/bits/bytes?

This seems hard to believe...no one wants their files unknowingly altered (even a date change). Is there any way to REVERSE this, other than go to a backup tape/drive...which will be a lot of work since my pictures are stored in different folders by year and some other criteria.

If anyone knows more, would appreciate hearing. Also posted this in General Discussion in case it's something other than Media Manager.

Thanks,

George

1 answer to this question

I just installed Roxio EMC8 on 5/31/06. (Plain, not Deluxe. English). I tried out a few applications, especially video and DVD related. I recall starting something new, I think it was a movie project, and selecting something like "insert picture". I recall it started grabbing/displaying about every jpg I have on my PC, so I could pick whatever wanted. No big deal I thought, but...

Today I was cleaning up some files and folders and to make a long story short... eventually discoverd that nearly *ALL* my jpg and other image files over the past 10-15 years now have a new date. You guessed it... 5/31/06.

Which application in EMC8 likely did this? Was it "Media Manager"? Did it rip throught the PC's folders and files and "open and resave" every jpg, bmp, etc.? Why? Did it alter the files in ANY other way at all, especially any content/bits/bytes?

This seems hard to believe...no one wants their files unknowingly altered (even a date change). Is there any way to REVERSE this, other than go to a backup tape/drive...which will be a lot of work since my pictures are stored in different folders by year and some other criteria.

If anyone knows more, would appreciate hearing. Also posted this in General Discussion in case it's something other than Media Manager.

Thanks,

George

No need to double post. Look at your other thread for the answer.

Archived