creating a highlight dvd

casfrustration

Question

How can I create a Football Highlight DVD of my son football games. I have all the all the game film. better question is can I use Creator 2009 to create the highlight DVD. I want to edit out his best runs from the existing DVD, then compile those runs to make the highlight DVD. What I have done thus far is try to create a DVD using the advance edit and transfer feature ( keep getting run time error after I import games) , I tried the create a DVD advance feature with no luck. anyone have any ideas on what I can do if anything.

10 answers to this question

How can I create a Football Highlight DVD of my son football games. I have all the all the game film. better question is can I use Creator 2009 to create the highlight DVD. I want to edit out his best runs from the existing DVD, then compile those runs to make the highlight DVD. What I have done thus far is try to create a DVD using the advance edit and transfer feature ( keep getting run time error after I import games) , I tried the create a DVD advance feature with no luck. anyone have any ideas on what I can do if anything.

Copy the contents, of the DVD, to a folder on your hard drive, open VideoWave (Edit Video - Advanced), then bring in the files, from your hard drive, not the DVD itself.

Then, click on Timeline, and edit out what you don't want, there.

Copy the contents, of the DVD, to a folder on your hard drive, open VideoWave (Edit Video - Advanced), then bring in the files, from your hard drive, not the DVD itself.

Then, click on Timeline, and edit out what you don't want, there.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but while in videowave - edit video advance, no matter what I do I'm getting a run time errors.which terminates what I do..when I try to add video add content add video/photos etc..I was able to import the DVD to my hard drive but I can't add it to the clip board or time line w/out getting the run time errors.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but while in videowave - edit video advance, no matter what I do I'm getting a run time errors.which terminates what I do..when I try to add video add content add video/photos etc..I was able to import the DVD to my hard drive but I can't add it to the clip board or time line w/out getting the run time errors.

List your system specs, similar to how I have mine listed, in my signature.

Right mouse click on MY Computer and and you will see the processor model, speed and the amount of memory install. While that window is open, go to Device Manager and click on Display Adapter to find out what type and model of video card you have installed.

i have the following computer:

main system:

Dell Dimension 8400

Pent 4 CPU 3.20 GHz

3.19 GHZ 1.00 GB of Ram

Window XP pro svc pk 3

Radeon X300 Series

Do you need anymore information..cannot import photos or edit videos..have any idea why..keep getting run time error..

Edited by casfrustration

i have the following computer:

main system:

Dell Dimension 8400

Pent 4 CPU 3.20 GHz

3.19 GHZ 1.00 GB of Ram

Window XP pro svc pk 3

Radeon X300 Series

Do you need anymore information..cannot import photos or edit videos..have any idea why..keep getting run time error..

can you specify the "run-time error" -- it comes with text of affected modules, drivers, and such.

do you have most recent drivers (DELL Support web site), what DirectX version (Microsoft download and Windows update).

any other application installed that could spook?

did you defragment your harddrive(s), are you working off a USB connected drive?

I do not get the run-time errors; so please elaborate where your system is different! ;)

OK, those PCs of mine running Roxio Creator 2009 SE:

* desktop with ASUS m/b M2A-VM w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 GHz,

8GB, on-board ATI Radeon 1250, two monitors connected, 3 internal HDDs (320GB, 500GB, 1.5TB), multi-boot with

Windows XP Pro 64bit, Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; etc.

* notebook HP Pavilion DV6458SE w/ AMD Turion 64 X2 2.0 GHz, 4GB (2.69GB usable), 320GB HDD with

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (upgraded from Vista 32bit); etc.

all on most recent recommended and optional Windows Updates and manufacturers drivers and BIOS;

Microsoft Office 2007 (complete) installed, GriSoft AVG AntiVirus tool, Apple QuickTime and Safari, RealNetworks RealPlayer, Mozilla FireFox, Google Picasa3 and Chrome, Raxco PerfectDisk 10, SourceForge Audacity and PDFCreator and FileZilla and ..., Canon drivers and utilities supporting Multi-Function printer/scanner/fax and digital cameras, WinAmp, Pismo Technic file mount package, WinZip, etc.

Again, please carefully type or provide screenshot of said run-time error; but let's focus on topis I had listed before, including especially defrag and largest space on your work HDD that is, hopefully, NTFS formatted!

Thanks.