• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy JPG's to DVD, problems...

fallbrook46

Question

Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to figure something out. I want to copy a lot of my Jpeg's and Tiff's to a DVD as it holds a lot more than a CD. The problem is this...I go into Creator Classic, then Copy Files to Disc, and I choose a Data disc. I have a CD burner (E: drive) and a DVD burner (F: drive). I put the DVD in the F: drive and start collecting the pics I want to burn. I noticed though that at the bottom where the blue line is to register how much space you have used/free, it is registering as though I have an 80 min (703mb) CD in the burner. I clicked to Burn, and I can see that it recognizes both my drives and the one with the check mark is the F: drive - the DVD drive. So, how can I get it to count my free/used space for a 4.6GB DVD? At this rate, I'll be buring a CD's worth of data on to a DVD, and wasting most of it?????

Please help!

Regards,

Ruth

Never mind. I can see now where the drop down shows the 4.7 gb of space option. Must have been the timing of putting the dvd in the drive. I swear it wasn't there before.....i'm an idiot!

Thanks again.

4 answers to this question

Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to figure something out. I want to copy a lot of my Jpeg's and Tiff's to a DVD as it holds a lot more than a CD. The problem is this...I go into Creator Classic, then Copy Files to Disc, and I choose a Data disc. I have a CD burner (E: drive) and a DVD burner (F: drive). I put the DVD in the F: drive and start collecting the pics I want to burn. I noticed though that at the bottom where the blue line is to register how much space you have used/free, it is registering as though I have an 80 min (703mb) CD in the burner. I clicked to Burn, and I can see that it recognizes both my drives and the one with the check mark is the F: drive - the DVD drive. So, how can I get it to count my free/used space for a 4.6GB DVD? At this rate, I'll be buring a CD's worth of data on to a DVD, and wasting most of it?????

Please help!

Regards,

Ruth

Never mind. I can see now where the drop down shows the 4.7 gb of space option. Must have been the timing of putting the dvd in the drive. I swear it wasn't there before.....i'm an idiot!

Thanks again.

The 80 min. CD is the default setting. Click on the drop down box, and change it to a DVD.

post-81-1149381178.jpg

The 80 min. CD is the default setting. Click on the drop down box, and change it to a DVD.

Hi Bruce

I see that now. For some reason it was only showing the max of 80 min. when I was writing this. Thanks for taking the time to show me anyway. I appreciate it...thanks.

ruth

Man oh man. How come you get all those really easy ones Bruce ? It's really funny how simple some of these problems are for ones that know and yet how difficult it can be if you have never been there before.

Good going Bruce and nice attachment. And thanks Ruth for posting back letting everyone know that you have solved your problem.

Frank....

Hi Bruce

I see that now. For some reason it was only showing the max of 80 min. when I was writing this. Thanks for taking the time to show me anyway. I appreciate it...thanks.

ruth

Ruth, you are welcome, but I see that you had already edited your post, before I submitted mine. You found the answer yourself, so high fives to you! Life is good.

Man oh man. How come you get all those really easy ones Bruce ? It's really funny how simple some of these problems are for ones that know and yet how difficult it can be if you have never been there before.

Good going Bruce and nice attachment. And thanks Ruth for posting back letting everyone know that you have solved your problem.

Frank....

LOL, Frank. You are correct. Sometimes the obvious to us isn't so obvious. We forget when we were in the same situation, and in this case, Ruth found the solution before I could post.

That is the beauty of these forums. We all learn, and many of us try to teach to others, what we have learned. Just another case of "Life is good". :)

Archived