Videowave Transistion Duration

styler_ex@yahoo.com

Question

5 answers to this question

Ok I tried the adjust duration, to change the duration of the transistion, BUT, why does it only allow a range of 0.4 to 0.6? I can't make any longer transistions? Not even a 2 sec or 5 sec. Anyone know why?

Why type of production are you making? Slides, movies, or something else? If a slide show, how many pictures, and what is the time setting on how long they are open? Transitions take a little off the time of the slides on each side, so if you have them flashing by, then that is why you can't set the transitions longer.

Why type of production are you making? Slides, movies, or something else? If a slide show, how many pictures, and what is the time setting on how long they are open? Transitions take a little off the time of the slides on each side, so if you have them flashing by, then that is why you can't set the transitions longer.

BRUCE........Cool to hear from you again. Upon further testing, I come to this conclusion. Initially when the first transistion at the beginning of the project it gives it a duration of 1 sec, if you alter the transistion below 1 sec, you can't return it back to 1 sec, unless you replace the transistion again. Ok so that isn't that bad. I basically want to have a fade from Black at the beginning of the project, so I used the Dissolve, actually if I use any transistion at the beginning of the project, the duration can only be set between 0.4 and 0.6, in the adjust duration option. But transistions past the first video clip, can be as long as I want. So it's only at the first transistion at the beginning of the project. Hope that makes sense...............Styler_EX

BRUCE, I know off topic on this thread, but do you know how to have the program automatically place a "Text Effect" in the lower third of the screen?

The length of any duration depends on the length of the two clips that it joins. For example if you place a green panel with a duration of 1 sec and a red panel of 1 sec with a transition between them, the length of the transition can not be longer than 2 seconds. Technically the transition is 'overlapping' the clips and then applying an effect.

have the program automatically place a "Text Effect" in the lower third of the screen
You can do that manually

The length of any duration depends on the length of the two clips that it joins. For example if you place a green panel with a duration of 1 sec and a red panel of 1 sec with a transition between them, the length of the transition can not be longer than 2 seconds. Technically the transition is 'overlapping' the clips and then applying an effect.

You can do that manually

I get you on the duration, but again then how do you start a video project with a fade from black for more than one sec? My first video click is way over a 1sec in duration.

As for the Text lower third, I guess I want it to be consistent through-out the project, so with an automatic posistioning, it would be the same. I guess the only way to do it, it to manually place it where I want it for the first time, then with the posistioning DATA, use the same X, Y and Z positioning for the rest of the Text, throughout the project.

I get you on the duration, but again then how do you start a video project with a fade from black for more than one sec? My first video click is way over a 1sec in duration.

As for the Text lower third, I guess I want it to be consistent through-out the project, so with an automatic posistioning, it would be the same. I guess the only way to do it, it to manually place it where I want it for the first time, then with the posistioning DATA, use the same X, Y and Z positioning for the rest of the Text, throughout the project.

For a "fade from black" at the beginning of a show, just insert a black panel as the first panel using the storyline. Then add a dissolve or any other transition between the black panel and the first video clip or photo. Play around with the duration for the panel and transition until you get what you want.

Archived