• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Create DVD stops at 50%.

Ericpenn

Question

Just trying to create a simple slideshow... Preview looks fine... Go and BURN and it gets to 50% and then just sits there forever. No error, no nothing. Just hard drive stops flashing... Tried this on both my laptop (Windows 7) and main PC (XP), both the same. Also, WHY does this software give you NO indication that it's busy doing something...? No hour glass, no nothing. I rely on watching the PC's hard drive light to see if anythings happening... Even simple things like SAVING the project.... I bought this software very specificaly due to a trip to Africa and to make a simple slideshow to play on my TV.. What a waste of $100+ and now I'm stuck. Yes, I waited over 20 hours to see if it was just taking a long time to complete... Yes I have updated to the latest patches... Yes my Windows 7 and XP are up to date with all the latest drivers and SPs...

Any help would be wonderful.

1 answer to this question

Just trying to create a simple slideshow... Preview looks fine... Go and BURN and it gets to 50% and then just sits there forever. No error, no nothing. Just hard drive stops flashing... Tried this on both my laptop (Windows 7) and main PC (XP), both the same. Also, WHY does this software give you NO indication that it's busy doing something...? No hour glass, no nothing. I rely on watching the PC's hard drive light to see if anythings happening... Even simple things like SAVING the project.... I bought this software very specificaly due to a trip to Africa and to make a simple slideshow to play on my TV.. What a waste of $100+ and now I'm stuck. Yes, I waited over 20 hours to see if it was just taking a long time to complete... Yes I have updated to the latest patches... Yes my Windows 7 and XP are up to date with all the latest drivers and SPs...

Any help would be wonderful.

Take a look at what you have, in your production, at the 50% time frame. That picture, transition, audio clip, or whatever, may be the problem.

What program, in the suite, are you using for your slide show? You should be using VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced).