• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio stops abruptly in slideshow after exporting to AVI

indymonster

Question

Please help - I am new to Creator 2009 and this forum. I used VideoWave for the first time to create a slideshow. The project has 113 slides, and I used 1 song to loop throughout. When I preview the slideshow in VideoWave, it works perfectly... the music loops continuously until the end. However, after I export to AVI format, I find that the music always stops abruptly about 60% through the slideshow. When I look at the "Timeline" view, it shows that the music continues all the way until the end.

I tried exporting to several different AVI formats, with the same result. I tried reducing the number of slides, and the music stopped even earlier. A friend suggested that my computer didn't have enough memory for the export, so I tried again on a computer with 2 GB of RAM and got the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

Edited by indymonster

5 answers to this question

Please help - I am new to Creator 2009 and this forum. I used VideoWave for the first time to create a slideshow. The project has 113 slides, and I used 1 song to loop throughout. When I preview the slideshow in VideoWave, it works perfectly... the music loops continuously until the end. However, after I export to AVI format, I find that the music always stops abruptly about 60% through the slideshow. When I look at the "Timeline" view, it shows that the music continues all the way until the end.

I tried exporting to several different AVI formats, with the same result. I tried reducing the number of slides, and the music stopped even earlier. A friend suggested that my computer didn't have enough memory for the export, so I tried again on a computer with 2 GB of RAM and got the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

RAM has nothing to do with your problem.

How long in time is the slideshow? How long is the song and how many times are you looping it?

BTW, why are you outputting to avi? What do you want to do with the slideshow? Just play on your computer or burn to a DVD for play on a DVD player?

RAM has nothing to do with your problem.

How long in time is the slideshow? How long is the song and how many times are you looping it?

BTW, why are you outputting to avi? What do you want to do with the slideshow? Just play on your computer or burn to a DVD for play on a DVD player?

Thank you very much for responding. Here are the answers to your questions:

1) The slideshow length is 8 minutes, 10 seconds. The music stops at 04:38 (i.e, no audio from 04:38 - 08:10).

2) The song length is 03:31. It is meant to start a 3rd loop before phasing out... It works perfectly in the preview mode within VideoWave.

3) I am outputting to AVI to upload to online sites (e.g. Facebook) but do not really care which format I use as long as it works and is a high quality image. I also tried uploading directly to YouTube (through VideoWave) and got the same result with the truncated audio. I would like to be able to burn to a DVD for play on DVD players and computers. I tried burning to a DVD but had the same problem with the audio.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you!

Thank you very much for responding. Here are the answers to your questions:

1) The slideshow length is 8 minutes, 10 seconds. The music stops at 04:38 (i.e, no audio from 04:38 - 08:10).

2) The song length is 03:31. It is meant to start a 3rd loop before phasing out... It works perfectly in the preview mode within VideoWave.

3) I am outputting to AVI to upload to online sites (e.g. Facebook) but do not really care which format I use as long as it works and is a high quality image. I also tried uploading directly to YouTube (through VideoWave) and got the same result with the truncated audio. I would like to be able to burn to a DVD for play on DVD players and computers. I tried burning to a DVD but had the same problem with the audio.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you!

I assume you are adding the audio clips one after the other on the music track.

Here is something you can try. Add the first loop on the music track then add the 2nd loop on the narration track at the point where the 1st loop ends, add the 3rd loop back on the music track at the end of the 2nd loop.

I assume you are adding the audio clips one after the other on the music track.

Here is something you can try. Add the first loop on the music track then add the 2nd loop on the narration track at the point where the 1st loop ends, add the 3rd loop back on the music track at the end of the 2nd loop.

Actually, I only added one audio track (on the music track) and then checked the box "Loop soundtrack if too short."

Actually, I only added one audio track (on the music track) and then checked the box "Loop soundtrack if too short."

Since I don't have C2009 installed I can't really test your situation. In C2010 it works correctly no matter if I use the stand-alone Videowave or do a test using the VW in myDVD.

I don't know if this is a bug in C2009. Perhaps someone who has C2009 can check this out. If it is a bug then it will not be fixed since C2009 is "no longer supported".

You could try the alternate method I suggested by putting the audio clips on different tracks.