• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bobber128

DVD Burner problem

Question

I have a Plextor PX760A DVDR- DL Burner, When I attempt to put a Dual Layer disk in my drive, When using iether capture to disk or DVDBuilder, the drive will rotate and start as if though it is burning and then will stop and SAY I do not have the correct media in the drive, media creator 7.5 does support DL? does'nt it? I have just recently discovered that in my dvd builder I have to encode the movie to ISO first and then use MY DVD TO BURN THE DISK BUT IT WILL ONLY USE 4.7 DVD +R, DOES'NT LIKE DL, REGARDLESS WHAT BRAND I USE. heeeeellllllp????? I also have EMC7.5 Download, which I also find there is no update for correct?.

5 answers to this question

I have a Plextor PX760A DVDR- DL Burner, When I attempt to put a Dual Layer disk in my drive, When using iether capture to disk or DVDBuilder, the drive will rotate and start as if though it is burning and then will stop and SAY I do not have the correct media in the drive, media creator 7.5 does support DL? does'nt it? I have just recently discovered that in my dvd builder I have to encode the movie to ISO first and then use MY DVD TO BURN THE DISK BUT IT WILL ONLY USE 4.7 DVD +R, DOES'NT LIKE DL, REGARDLESS WHAT BRAND I USE. heeeeellllllp????? I also have EMC7.5 Download, which I also find there is no update for correct?.

That Plextor should write both plus R and dash R according to the web information. Update the firmware for that burner. Be careful to follow all instructions exactly. The latest update is here. Dated April 27, 2006.

There is an older update for 7.5 use the update link to the left of this message to see if it applies.

This is from a Knowledge Base FAQ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provided you have a drive that specifically supports burning dual layer, these applications support dual-layer +R discs .

• Easy Media Creator 8, 7

• MyDVD 8, 6
  • RecordNow 8, 7
  • VideoWave 8, 7
  • EasyDVD Copy 2.x
  • BackUp MyPC 2006, 6
  • DVDit 6, 5
  • Digital Media Studio

NOTE: The copy functions of RecordNow 8 and Easy media Creator 8 support DL-R media.

I have a Plextor PX760A DVDR- DL Burner

These are the specifications of this drive Plextor PX-760A, found at the Plextor webpage:

Write & Read speed:

Write

DVD+R

18x

DVD+R DL

10x

DVD-R

18x

DVD-R DL

6x

DVD+RW

8x

DVD-RW

6x

CD-R

48x

CD-RW

24x

Read

DVD-ROM

16x

CD-ROM

48x

I have 7.5.2.49 on a system with a Plextor 716A and have no problems writing to Verbatim +R DL media. Are your project settings set to DVD?

cdanteek

<snip>

I also have EMC7.5 Download, which I also find there is no update for correct?.

<snip>

I have the EMC7.5 download and there's no update for it - at least that's what Roxio Updater says. My version of VideoWave & DVD Builder is 7.5.0.47

Lance

Edited by lehill

Lance--There is no update for 7.5 on the downloaded version. The update only applies to the retail program. The retail versions manufacturing date was prior to some of the updates that Roxio had for the 7.5. However, if you downloaded your copy it already has all the updates.

Based on all the technical information that has been shared by others, that drive should burn DL media. As cd suggested, make sure you have your settings right for DVD burning.

Frank....

Right on Frank!

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.5x suite to 7.5.2.49 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included, click here.

Important Note: This updater is intended for CD-ROM purchases acquired from a retail vendor only. Do not apply this update if you have downloaded your version of Easy Media Creator 7.

Update_Retail_EFGJ_7_5_2_49.exe - 17.0 MB download