andyloc

How do I use Img Loader to ply my game?

Question

Hi

I have installed game on my PC, but you need to insert CD2 to play it.

I thought I would try Image loader, I made a ISO, loaded it in Image Loader, assigned it a letter. It appears in My COmputer no problem.

I then ran the game but it still asked to insert the CD2 of the game.

Why is this? Can I fix it? Is it because when I installed the game it was "pointing" at another drive letter? if so can I fix this? if so this will be a great little utility

Hope you can help

thanks

14 answers to this question

I just tried it on another disk and its the same, please help

The software was not designed to circumvent copy protection, and those games are copy protected.

The software was not designed to circumvent copy protection, and those games are copy protected.

?? I have the original games, I am not trying to copy them. Its just a pin to hve to keep putting the disks in the PC, when I want to play.

I thought this is what this program was about? so if not what are you supposed to use it for?

I seen it advertised/reviewed somewhere and it had for eg a laptop, to save battery life nd not have to crry disks around on your travels use Image loader.

Can you tell me what it is for then please? I cannot think of a instance where you could use it, isnt everything you going to do, as you say "circumvent copy protection" ?

I have the original games, I am not trying to copy them. Its just a pin to hve to keep putting the disks in the PC, when I want to play.

As Bruce has explained the Game is protected. Why, you could load it in 100 friends pc's and they could do as you want!

Most protection technologies (like SafeDisc & SecuROM) encrypt the main executable using a key, this key is then added to the disc as a digital signature. A software loader program is added to read the digital signature, extract the key and load/decrypt the main executable.

The software was not designed to circumvent copy protection.

There is a disclaimer on the software about copy protected disc's.

cdanteek

As Bruce has explained the Game is protected. Why, you could load it in 100 friends pc's and they could do as you want!

Most protection technologies (like SafeDisc & SecuROM) encrypt the main executable using a key, this key is then added to the disc as a digital signature. A software loader program is added to read the digital signature, extract the key and load/decrypt the main executable.

There is a disclaimer on the software about copy protected disc's.

cdanteek

I have managed to mke the ISOs fine with the Image loader though? It now shows up as 2 extra DVD drives with the disk ("ISO") loaded ok.

OK so if its not for this? what on earth is it for? how many people have unprotected DVDs?

I thought this is what the software is for? As I say I am not trying to thief I have the originals

probably needs to install from the same drive too... say if you install the game using D drive but mount the ISO into F drive, it's not gonna detect your CD2... that's just my guess

probably needs to install from the same drive too... say if you install the game using D drive but mount the ISO into F drive, it's not gonna detect your CD2... that's just my guess

So how will I load/install my game ? Should I load the imges first and then run them form the Images?

anyone please?

what does ayone use Image loader for then?

I use Image Loader to test image files before burning them to a DVD.

anyone please?

what does anyone use Image loader for then?

I think that you got your answer several days ago; it won't run from the image loader. As you said you are honest but there are others out there that are not. It is not unusually for everyone to be punished for what a few would do. :)

People use it for unprotected content such as viewing an image file of a large production that they make before actually burning it to disc.

Why don't you buy a cheap external cd/dvd drive and keep that disc in it you wouldn't have to keep putting the disc in?

anyone please?

what does ayone use Image loader for then?

I use it for other software that isn't copy protected, mainly clip-art collections. One has about 13 CDs, the other has 30, and rather than have to swap discs all the time, I copied the unprotected .ISO files to a HD, and when it asks for a disc, I just load up the required .ISO file. Faster access, and I don't have to physically swap discs.

I also use it to test out DVD productions that I've created to make sure I've got the menus working properly.

So, Disc Image Loader does have uses for things other than games.

There are other disc emulators that do support the gaming community, like the DAEMON tools emulator, but, as has been said several times above, Disc Image Loader will not support nor defeat any of the protected disc systems.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the hint, downloaded and tried DAEMON, installed and mounted no bother, but still wuldnt work, although I found AOW in the list of games supported.mmm

thanks for the hint, downloaded and tried DAEMON, installed and mounted no bother, but still wuldnt work, although I found AOW in the list of games supported.mmm

Do check out the help section of the DAEMON tools. It seems quite complete, and you may need to make your image using that instead of EMC 8. I'll say no more on this as it's getting into questionable territory for this board.