• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

windows7 and Video Copy and Convert

koentin

Question

I have a laptop with Windows 7 upgraded from Vista just a week ago. When converting from avi to DVD progress bar stops at 8% almost immediately after pressing start and stays for hours and then I have to use Task Manager to close the application.The same thing happens if I choose to preview the movie using the preview button.

Converting from AVI to MPEG-4 ( IPod ) will work OK. It looks like there is problem only when converting to DVD.

AVI to DVD is what I use the most. Reinstall did not make any difference. Roxio is upgraded to SP1.

Please help! I wont to sort this out!

15 answers to this question

Hi, my desktop is only 2 months old and i did a windows 7 upgrade and did all the updates but really don't know what is the problem. I used to use Nero 7 with my old desktop for years and never have any problem with it at all, thought I try something different since lots of people say Roxio is easy to use and is compatible with windows 7, but getting very frustrating. ggrussell, i tried to use my dvd but it only fits 2 episodes to a disc and each episode is only 6500 kb and 40 minutes long, tried changing to extended play but have no luck squeezing more than 2 episodes to a dvd. can you please help me step by step on setting mydvd so that i can at least have 3 hours of movies on each dvd, thank you all very much ...

I have a similar problem, since I changed to Windows 7 and Roxio 2010 I can't convert DVD or AVI to iPod format. The bar gets stuck at either 23%, 33% or 77% and I have to choose close and sometimes I have to use the task manager to close the program. I have tried to install it several times and I have used the clean install that you can find here on the Roxio site but nothing works.

Any solutions to how I can get this sorted out?

I never had this problem with Roxio 2009 and XP :angry2:

koentin & Pma: Need a little more info to work on this…

I am guessing you are using Copy and Convert Video (Video Copy & Convert)???

Are you setting any Options or using the defaults?

How about the files you are using? Are they downloads I can get to try? How about the type – avi, mpeg, mov, etc. and length – 15 min, 1 hour, 2 days? :lol:

Give us the details and we will be happy to try it – I have 2 PC's with 2010 and upgraded to Win7, so that should put me on equal footing with yours.

I am planning on sticking to Ipod output since that seems to be the most bothersome.

koentin & Pma: Need a little more info to work on this…

I am guessing you are using Copy and Convert Video (Video Copy & Convert)???

Are you setting any Options or using the defaults?

How about the files you are using? Are they downloads I can get to try? How about the type – avi, mpeg, mov, etc. and length – 15 min, 1 hour, 2 days? :lol:

Give us the details and we will be happy to try it – I have 2 PC's with 2010 and upgraded to Win7, so that should put me on equal footing with yours.

I am planning on sticking to Ipod output since that seems to be the most bothersome.

Yes I am using Video copy and convert with default settings. AVI file lenght 700 Mb usualy (yes they are downloads). I tried to convert 3 diferent movies

the result is allwais the same. It will not convert to DVD but without problems it will convert to Iphone.

I had similar problems with creator 10 on a XP laptop and solved the problem by finding proper Codec pack for Windows media player. On the windows 7 PC I did not install any codecs yet but I see that windows media player is playng the avi files without problem.

Maybe I should uninstall it and try then without media player.

I ran several yesterday in VCC converting to iPod just using the default settings and had no problem. The ranged from 5 minute to 1:09…

I am currently downloading the one ttvancouver posted and will try as soon as I can.

Got an appointment so it will probably be around noon (EST) when I get something.

Did any of you folks run the Repair option from Add/Remove Programs? Might help???

Yes I am using Video copy and convert with default settings. AVI file lenght 700 Mb usualy (yes they are downloads). I tried to convert 3 diferent movies

the result is allwais the same. It will not convert to DVD but without problems it will convert to Iphone.

I had similar problems with creator 10 on a XP laptop and solved the problem by finding proper Codec pack for Windows media player. On the windows 7 PC I did not install any codecs yet but I see that windows media player is playng the avi files without problem.

Maybe I should uninstall it and try then without media player.

Thanks koentin!

File size is completely meaningless… Length of play is the only thing that counts.

Is there a link that I could download one of these files? If you prefer, you can IM the link to me to keep it out of the public eye here.

Right now I am going to make breakfast – trash night + thunderstorm = me wading in cornfield collecting my trash and recyclables @ 0530…

OK, I have some updates.

My DVD works fine, which is verry good ,but video copy and convert is freezing. Is it not strange that my DVD will work and Copy and Convert not ? :wacko:

I would like to attach pictures but do not see such option in the menubar.

Thanks again to everyone who is trying to help!

6500kb sounds really small for 40 min of video. The Quality must be really poor. One thing to keep in mind: only ONE hour of best quality video will fit on a single sided, 4.7GB DVD. About twice that for a dual layer, 8.5GB disc. Anything more than one hour and the video must be compressed even more and the quality will not be as good. The MOST I have ever put on a DVD is about 80min and the quality was still acceptable when viewed on a large screen TV.

Archived