Reversal of DVD no menus choice.

jsymons

Question

If a project were started selecting new project/DVD no menus can that be reversed or undone? My daughter created a DVD with chapters. The preview in MyDVD shows all the chapters fine. But when the project is burned the chapters dont display. It goes right to play without showing chapters. That happens on PC's and all our DVD players. Menu button on all DVD players dont do anything but restart movie.

So I'm thinking possibly she may have selected DVD no menus when starting.

I confirmed with her that she did in fact select DVD no menus when starting.

5 answers to this question

found this in the help and it should help.

To add menus to a “no menus” DVD project:

Choose DVD Menu > Add New Menu.

Note: Once you have added a menu to a “no menus” project, you cannot return to having no menus.

found this in the help and it should help.

To add menus to a "no menus" DVD project:

Choose DVD Menu > Add New Menu.

Note: Once you have added a menu to a "no menus" project, you cannot return to having no menus.

That's assumming you saved the original project in MyDVD (*.dmsd file format). If not, you will have to re-create it.

sknis the project was saved as a *.dmsd.

gaper1 I went back and added a menu to project but the results were the same. Not sure what would return a no menu to a menu DVD at this point.

Looks like we will have to just recreate it. Sucks as she put a lot of work into it. Oh well a lesson learned.

Thanks for the tips though. :)

Guest ivanatrox

I just tested it and the menu were added to my project after choosing DVD Menu > Add New Menu. When you chose DVD Menu > Add New Menu after loading your .dmsd project, did the default menu show up for you? or nothing comes up? don't give up just yet...

Ivan

Archived