• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble logging on to support support

dan  McCarter

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the response. I am running Mac OS 10.5.8 and Toast 10.0.4. I am capturing streaming audio off of the internet into a file and then bringing it into Spin Doctor to define the different songs and label them and then send them to iTunes. I have been doing this for several years with no problems until now. The problem is that after I use auto define the display of the first several songs (about 4 or 5) are defined incorrectly. the display shows there are no gaps for the first 4 or 5 songs then the rest of the songs are defined correctly.

this is hard to describe without sending a sample.

any help would be appreciated.

Dan

As I understand your description the first marked track actually should be four or five tracks, after which the automatic marking is correct. I presume you know how to manually fix and add tracks to correct the error. I never use the automatic track markers because in the old days of Spin Doctor it was faster for me to mark them manually than correct the automatic ones. This means I don't have any first-hand experience with automatic markers. All I know is there are sensitivity settings in CDSD Preferences. You might try adjusting those to see if that helps.

As I understand your description the first marked track actually should be four or five tracks, after which the automatic marking is correct. I presume you know how to manually fix and add tracks to correct the error. I never use the automatic track markers because in the old days of Spin Doctor it was faster for me to mark them manually than correct the automatic ones. This means I don't have any first-hand experience with automatic markers. All I know is there are sensitivity settings in CDSD Preferences. You might try adjusting those to see if that helps.

Thanks again for the advice. I am familiar with the sensitivity settings but rarely have to use them because there is usually a good silent space between each song.

The problem I am having is that the visual display line where the tracks are marked run the first four or five songs together without showing the silent (blank) spaces.

I correct this manually by listening to find the first sound and mark the beginning then listen all the way through to the end and mark the ending based upon what I hear. This can't be done based upon what I see because the display shows sound through the blank spaces.

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything about this. And I am still quite puzzled that I can't submit an email to support because my email address is deemed to be incorrect.

Dan

So you're logged into your user account to post in the forum but can't submit a customer-support ticket? I don't know what to say about that.

As for the CD Spin Doctor issue, maybe we can help if you describe it here. There also are several recent topics in this forum addressing some bugs in Spin Doctor. So please browse through the forum over the past month or so.

So you're logged into your user account to post in the forum but can't submit a customer-support ticket? I don't know what to say about that.

As for the CD Spin Doctor issue, maybe we can help if you describe it here. There also are several recent topics in this forum addressing some bugs in Spin Doctor. So please browse through the forum over the past month or so.

Thanks for the response. I am running Mac OS 10.5.8 and Toast 10.0.4. I am capturing streaming audio off of the internet into a file and then bringing it into Spin Doctor to define the different songs and label them and then send them to iTunes. I have been doing this for several years with no problems until now. The problem is that after I use auto define the display of the first several songs (about 4 or 5) are defined incorrectly. the display shows there are no gaps for the first 4 or 5 songs then the rest of the songs are defined correctly.

this is hard to describe without sending a sample.

any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Archived