• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Issue to download updates from Sonic Server

acheng88

Question

Hi There,

My Sony DVD WR drive model is DRU530A and the S/W of MyDVD 5.2.0 (build number 96293) was came with the DVD drive package. recently I moved the DVD drive on to my other PC which is still using XP as smae as older one. Since then, I have burninig issue of reporting DVD ROM is not Empty. From Sony website, I just learned that it's an outstanding issue, and the issue will be fixed by updated the drive’s firmware and MyDVD S/W from Sony website for free.

I logged into you Sony website ( http://www.sonicjapan.co.jp/oem/sony/downl...vup_e_down.html )and filled in all needed required information, and successfully downloaded firmware and most of files of MyDVD except 3 files that have issue during downloading. They were reporting Sony serve issues as listed as below.

had anyone had downloaded them successfully? could you send either the file of "One Batch" or files of "1of22" or"22of22" to me?

I would appreciate your helps.

1. One Batch

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_Vup.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_Vup.php on line 2

2. 1of22

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part01.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part01.php on line 2

3. 22of22.

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part22.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part22.php on line 2

Best Regards

Albert Cheng

11 answers to this question

Hi There,

My Sony DVD WR drive model is DRU530A and the S/W of MyDVD 5.2.0 (build number 96293) was came with the DVD drive package. recently I moved the DVD drive on to my other PC which is still using XP as smae as older one. Since then, I have burninig issue of reporting DVD ROM is not Empty. From Sony website, I just learned that it's an outstanding issue, and the issue will be fixed by updated the drive's firmware and MyDVD S/W from Sony website for free.

I logged into you Sony website ( http://www.sonicjapan.co.jp/oem/sony/downl...vup_e_down.html )and filled in all needed required information, and successfully downloaded firmware and most of files of MyDVD except 3 files that have issue during downloading. They were reporting Sony serve issues as listed as below.

had anyone had downloaded them successfully? could you send either the file of "One Batch" or files of "1of22" or"22of22" to me?

I would appreciate your helps.

1. One Batch

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_Vup.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_Vup.php on line 2

2. 1of22

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part01.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part01.php on line 2

3. 22of22.

Warning: main(click2link.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part22.php on line 2

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'click2link.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/hosting/sonicjapan.co.jp/dl/dl/SonyDrive_523/Sony_523_VupE.part22.php on line 2

Best Regards

Albert Cheng

You have a OEM version that came with your new Sony burner. All support for OEM versions come from the the supplier of the OEM (in your case Sony).

Contact Sony

Good luck, you would be further ahead by getting a newer software to use that new burner.

If I move forward to getting new software, then which version should I update to according to my current MyDVD 5.2.0 ( OEM boundle version) .

Tell us what your needs are, make music cd's, mp3, import movies from camcorders and digital cameras, edit standard and high-definition movies, create slideshow productions, burn movies and slideshows on DVD.

What did you use MyDVD 5 for? be specific.

In your 1st post you said:

"I logged into you Sony website ( http://www.sonicjapan.co.jp/oem/sony/downl...vup_e_down.html )and filled in all needed required information, and successfully downloaded firmware and most of files of MyDVD except 3 files that have issue during downloading. They were reporting Sony serve issues as listed as below."

Sony supply ALL support for THEIR software, Did you try downloading it again.

acheng88 >> How to download it ?, which website link is for it?[/b]

FYI -The link above does not work.

If I am reading this correct you logged onto a Sony site and they provided you links for a firmware update for your burner and one for their OEM software on the Sonic site in Japan, but the Sony server was giving you trouble.

acheng88 >> yes, you are right. I got trouble to download couple files from the site as mentioned in my original email.[/b]

Sorry I can't be of any help, I don't have any Roxio OEM version's on my computer.

Acheng88 >> thanks anyway.

You have a OEM version that came with your new Sony burner. All support for OEM versions come from the the supplier of the OEM (in your case Sony).

Contact Sony

I did contact Sony, and had been asked to contact Sonic. then, I contacted Sonic, unfortunately, Sonic support guys said they do not support this anymore, and recommanded me contact the Discuss Group.

Albert Cheng

The upgrade is on the Sony.ca site http://sony.storagesupport.com/node/7098 .

Sony should have told you this when you contacted them, this fix is for THEIR OEM version and does not apply to the full retail Roxio version.

If the upgrade does not work for you, contact Sony.

Yes, Sony support guys mentioned me the link therefore I went to http://sony.storagesupport.com/node/7098 and went to 2 more links down, and downloaded firmware and most files of MyDVD5.2.0 except couple files have issue being downloading as described at my first qoute.

After I had the downloading issue, I contacted Sony again, but, they said the download wessite is Sonic ones, asked me to contact to Sonic, clink Sonic online link for support, Roxio is the linked automatically. unfortunately, after talked to Roxio support guys, unfortunately, I was transferred to this Discuss Group.

In fact, my issue is so simple, but being made so complicated by these companys ( Sony, Sonic and Roxio) because no one of them to fix the server issue or send 2 un-downloaded files to me.

I am feeling so sorry about the suport services .

In your 1st post you said:

"I logged into you Sony website ( http://www.sonicjapan.co.jp/oem/sony/downl...vup_e_down.html )and filled in all needed required information, and successfully downloaded firmware and most of files of MyDVD except 3 files that have issue during downloading. They were reporting Sony serve issues as listed as below."

Sony supply ALL support for THEIR software, Did you try downloading it again.

FYI -The link above does not work.

If I am reading this correct you logged onto a Sony site and they provided you links for a firmware update for your burner and one for their OEM software on the Sonic site in Japan, but the Sony server was giving you trouble.

Sorry I can't be of any help, I don't have any Roxio OEM version's on my computer.

The upgrade is on the Sony.ca site http://sony.storagesupport.com/node/7098 .

Sony should have told you this when you contacted them, this fix is for THEIR OEM version and does not apply to the full retail Roxio version.

If the upgrade does not work for you, contact Sony.

Yes, Sony support guys mentioned me the link therefore I went to http://sony.storagesupport.com/node/7098 and went to 2 more links down, and downloaded firmware and most files of MyDVD5.2.0 except couple files have issue being downloading as described at my first qoute.

After I had the downloading issue, I contacted Sony again, but, they said the download wessite is Sonic ones, asked me to contact to Sonic, clink Sonic online link for support, Roxio is the linked automatically. unfortunately, after talked to Roxio support guys, unfortunately, I was transferred to this Discuss Group.

In fact, my issue is so simple, but being made so complicated by these companys ( Sony, Sonic and Roxio) because no one of them to fix the server issue or send 2 un-downloaded files to me.

I am feeling so sorry about the suport services .

I would put some pressure on Sony (they are the provider for support). I know its a Sonic site you are accessing but they will only talk to the OEM provider).

You also must realize this is a old upgrade/update (Feb 04).

I would try the download, but you need Sony serial numbers and also Sonic.

Good luck, you would be further ahead by getting a newer software to use that new burner.

Archived