dakota1606

Chapter Menu won't play chapter one, must navigate to it first

Question

DVD Builder burns my DVD nicely. When I play it, on the computer or on a TV/DVD player, the Main Menu displays and cycles until I hit Play. It then goes to the Chapters Menu but Chapter One is not highlighted. I have to naviage to Chapter One and then hit Play. All chapters play in sucession. The button that is highlighted is the Return To Main Menu button. So if I just hit Play at first on the Chapters Menu, I get returned to the Main Menu. I am using EMC 7.0 and IE 6.0 on XP Pro machine. Am I expecting too much? I'd like to hit Play, then Play and be watching my movie not navigating to Chapter One first. Anybody have any input?

5 answers to this question

I don’t have EMC 7 running at the moment, but you should be able to click on the Chapter Button, then look at its’ Settings on the right… and set it to go to the Chapter 1 button.

I don’t have EMC 7 running at the moment, but you should be able to click on the Chapter Button, then look at its’ Settings on the right… and set it to go to the Chapter 1 button.

I am in DVD Builder view with the Main Menu visible in the right pane. The only way I can see Chapter buttons is to click Mark Chapters where I can see all the chapters but there are no options to do anything with them. We may not be looking in the same place.

OK, fired up EMC 7.5… DVD Builder in 7.5 was one of a kind. Improved over the EMC 6 version but it was the last and never seen again.

I built a project with one movie and 4 chapters and let it make a Chapter Menu.

It worked as expected. The button on the Main Menu will play nothing if you have a Chapter Menu! It only takes you to the Chapter Menu and you must select a Chapter. But the first Chapter should be the default...

Play will be from that chapter to the end of the movie! Note that this is normal behavior for all DVD’s home made or commercial.

When done it returns to the Chapter menu, with the same button highlighted.

Menus and Chapters are extremely limited in EMC 7. For a fix, I suggest you delete all of your chapters and redo them.

In later version you have much more flexibility as you can see the tree in the Project View:

post-39730-1260223550.jpg

OK, Jim we are on the same page now. The default of DVD play is obvious but in my case, at the end of play, the button that returns you to the main menu is the default. I am expecting it to be Chapter one. I have deleted all the chapters (which deletes the Chapters Menu) twice and started over. The behavior is always the same. I guess this is just going to be the nature of the beast. I could find no way to ascertain that Chapter One would be the default start of play. Thanks for your help.

Edited by dakota1606

Did you try a test project like I suggested?

Give me a text outline of your project setup, menus, sub-menus, chapter menus, etc., and I will duplicate it on mine.

If you know how to post pics through a web host, that would be great, but not essential…