• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dazzle/Video Capture Problem

PaulieBoy79

Question

Hello, Thought someone may be able to help me with a problem I am having capturing video from my digital camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV27) through Dazzle to Easy Media 10 Suite Video Capture - Roxio Media Import. I am operating on Windows Vista.

I was able to capture video with no problem from my camcorder using the dazzle with no complications, but somehow something has changed. I am not sure if it is something with the registration files or something, but I am lost. I even bought a new Dazzle device, and having the same problem. It starts to capture, but then a msg comes up saying "Unknown Capture Error. Save file?" Nothing saves.

If anyone can offer some help, it would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

3 answers to this question

Hello, Thought someone may be able to help me with a problem I am having capturing video from my digital camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV27) through Dazzle to Easy Media 10 Suite Video Capture - Roxio Media Import. I am operating on Windows Vista.

I was able to capture video with no problem from my camcorder using the dazzle with no complications, but somehow something has changed. I am not sure if it is something with the registration files or something, but I am lost. I even bought a new Dazzle device, and having the same problem. It starts to capture, but then a msg comes up saying "Unknown Capture Error. Save file?" Nothing saves.

If anyone can offer some help, it would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

When capturing from a digital camcorder you have to use a Firewire connection. I assume the Dazzle is a USB device which does not work properly with Roxio.

When capturing from a digital camcorder you have to use a Firewire connection. I assume the Dazzle is a USB device which does not work properly with Roxio.

I am just trying to find the firewire I need....I know what it looks like for the camera end but is it a USB on the other side that goes into my PC? Sorry if I should know this...

I am just trying to find the firewire I need....I know what it looks like for the camera end but is it a USB on the other side that goes into my PC? Sorry if I should know this...

No! You are looking for a firewire connection on your computer, too. If you have one, and it is on a laptop, it will likely be a 4 pin connection. If on a desktop, it will likely be a 6 pin connection.

Before looking on your computer, you can tell if you have a firewire connection by going to Device Manager, and see if you have a listing for IEEE 1394 Bus host controller entry. If you do, you definitely have a firewire connection on your computer.

Archived