EMC 9 W/Quad Core Processor

iamadaywalker

Question

7 answers to this question

Will a QCP affect the way EMC 9 operates, good or bad? Will 4 processors actually make the software read and copy discs any differently than a Dual Core P?

QCP = ringtones? If so, state that instead of some acronym that I would bet not too many, on these forums have seen/heard.

The answer to your 2nd question is "No."

I would think most people can "read" and are "smart" enough see the title of my post and "understand" the abbreviations.

Sorry about that. Speed reading, and yes, I am smart enough. :)

Still better to spell it out.

And, unfortunately, 4 processors aren't going to make the the Easy Media Creator 9 software do anything faster.

Are you on a dual core processor and thinking of going to a quad core? Fire up task manager and look at the performance graphs when you are running your hog applications (cpu intensive). Are both processors at or near 100% ? If both processors are over 70% busy then you are probably waiting on the processor resources. If one processor is some what idle and one processor is busy then your hog task is single threading processor usage. Other factors for low cpu usage and long run times usually mean your hog task is I/O bound (waiting for I/O to complete, maybe slow hard drives). Not enough memory will also lead to higher cpu usage due to page faults (the swapping of data and/or programs). It's a resource circle scheme (improve one and then the other needs improving). In the end, the runtime or the transaction response time will decrease.

Please, this is not Rocket Science here, so I guess most people here can't read a post the right way? I'll remember next time to use BIG LETTERS and SPELL EVERY WORD out for the reading challenged. :blink:

If you've come here to get assistance, you're CERTAINLY going about it the right way to endear yourself to the people you want to help you - NOT!

Archived