DVD-R not a recognized format in EMC 8

ravecrusader

Question

Why would DVD-R not be recognized as a valid formay in EMC 8? I can burn disc using DVD+R without a problem. Any thoughts? I have two TDK drives, the 440N and 1280B which both have the most current firmware. No matter which way I try to burn a disk, either through my DVD, disk copier, DVD copier, etc the DVD-R format is not recognized.

Is there a known fix. I tried to search through the foum but was unable to locate a similar issue.

4 answers to this question

Why would DVD-R not be recognized as a valid formay in EMC 8?
This is not a function of the software. The EMC burn engine totally relies on the drive to determine what is in the drive. If you have the latest firmware, your only choice would be Bruce's suggestion.

My confusion is why would these same disk and drives work on EMC 7 and not with EMC 8. That is why I do not feel it is a drive issue. The firmware was updated on version 7 and my -R media worked no problem. Updating to version 8 my -R media no longer works?

Why would DVD-R not be recognized as a valid formay in EMC 8? I can burn disc using DVD+R without a problem. Any thoughts? I have two TDK drives, the 440N and 1280B which both have the most current firmware. No matter which way I try to burn a disk, either through my DVD, disk copier, DVD copier, etc the DVD-R format is not recognized.

Is there a known fix. I tried to search through the foum but was unable to locate a similar issue.

Look at your user's manual and see if those burners can burn -R media. They probably can, so try a different brand of -R media, and see if it works.

Archived