• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Clearing previous versions of Roxio

Michael Kaaland

Question

Under the Roxio .... heading besides Roxio Creator 2010 I Have!

Roxio Central Audo version 9.2.0

Roxxio Central Copy version 3.6.0

Roxio Central Core version 3.6.0

Roxio Central Data version 3.6.0

Roxio Central Tools version 3.6.0

Roxio CinePlayer Decoder Packversion 4.3.0

Roxio Content version 9.0.021

Roxio Disc Gallery version 3.1

Roxio High-Def/Bluray Disc Plug-In version 1.0.0

Roxio Meda Share version 1.0.0

Roxio PhotoShow version 6.0

roxio Update Manager version 6.0

Which programs are no longer used by Creator 2010?

2 answers to this question

That looks very much like it's derived from the Control Panel add/remove list from EMC 10.

EMC 10 was the first to use Central Core 3.6.0, and EMC 10.1 didn't have all those things in the add/remove list.

Michael, if you have EMC 10 and Creator 2010 mixed in together you could be in for a lot of fun trying to remove one without the other !! :(

In this clip, these are the three icons you should see in the add/remove programs part of Control Panel for Creator 2010. Only the three dated 1/09/2009 in my clip. The fourth is a separate program I have in there, and you can ignore it.

post-208-1259987433.jpg

This clip is the entries from Easy Media Creator 10, and shows the modules you might want to try and uninstall

post-208-1259987776.jpg

HOWEVER if you have both EMC 10 and Creator 2010 installed you may have noticed how clicking on some menus runs modules from C2010 while clicking on others runs modules from EMC 10, and you'll see that a version of the Smartsound Quicktracks Plugin exists in both suites.

These two suites intertwine to a great extent, and to remove one without killing the other would [if it's possible] be a long and complex surgery. If you have the two suites installed and want to remove one, you are advised to cleanly uninstall both, and then reinstall the one you want to keep.

Archived