• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Video_TS files and menus

princec5

Question

I have numerous videos that I have downloaded and created that are Video_TS files and they contain ISO files which im assuming are menus...some of the dvds successfully work and some of them dont...cant someone help? I will burn a video and it will be done in 4 minutes which seems pretty odd to me, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? If I download a movie or video which already has a menu created for it...how do I load that into that Roxio?

4 answers to this question

I think I have the same issue and so would like to add some details of my experience in case it resolves them...

I have Roxio 2009 on XP PRO and Roxio 2010 on Windows 7.

On XP PRO I produced a set of Video Folders using my chosen s/w and I need to burn 6 copies onto DVD. It hangs up the PC after 1 or 2 successful copies.

So I decided to copy the files to my Windows 7 machine and use Roxio 2010.

The result is that it burns a DVD in 2 mins flat (at 8x) and the DVD makes a good beer mat - it won't play on anything.

The first time I tried this Roxio said it was converting to MP4 - so I'm not surprised that failed.

I made sure that the output format was set to PAL and ticked the box that said to always convert to my output format. Then I tried again. It's still producing beer mats. This time it said "Compressing DVD..." which is what the XP PRO / Roxio 2009 usually says so I had been more hopeful but ended up disappointed. :huh:

I've tried various combinations of parameters, and read the help files, but all I get is more beer mats.

Kind Regards

Steve

Princec5,

Essentially, a Video-DVD is a special type of disc which contains a Video_TS folder.

The Video_TS folder contains .IFO, .VOB, and .BUP files.

The files in the Video_TS folder carry the video, audio, and any menus, woven together as streams of information.

You can't add video or menus without putting the whole lot into an editor and then re-creating the DVD structure.

An .ISO file is not a menu. It is an image of a complete finished disc. Use the 'Burn Disc Image' menu to burn it.

I can't help you with your downloaded files, unless you have downloaded them legally from the copyright holder. Discussion on how to breach copyright is forbidden on this board.

I guess things are not that simple, the following copies did not work, so the solution above is still not the answer.

In the end I resorted to simply copying a DVD that I produced under XP PRO and that took an appropriate amount of time and produced good copies every time.

Sorry to not have solved it.

Kind Regards

Steve

Archived