burning powerpoint slideshow

Dennis Taylor

Question

I'm thinking about purchasing Toast 10. But first I want to know if it will do what I want. I have Microsoft Office 2008 for the Mac and made a slideshow in Powerpoint. In Powerpoint, I recorded a narration to go along with each of the 50 pictures. I want to burn a dvd of the slideshow. I have an old version of Toast 6.0.3 which will not recognize my ppt file. I saved the ppt file as a Quicktime movie. I could burn from Quicktime. But when I run the slideshow in QT the narration is gone. I assume that a newer version of Toast (10) will recognize and burn my ppt slideshow. Am I correct in that assumption? Thanks for the help.

1 answer to this question

The file has to be in a QuickTime playable format in order for Toast to make it into a video DVD. So Toast cannot use a Powerpoint document as a video source. You are on the right path to convert it to QuickTime within PowerPoint. I'm surprised there isn't a way to include the audio in the Powerpoint export. Have you checked the Powerpoint forum at Microsoft's site to learn if there is a way to do this?

You can add the audio using QuickTime Pro after exporting from Powerpoint to QuickTime.