• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag to disk

Turkish

Question

Hello,

I want to copy to CD's and DVD's using Drag to Disk but when I do so the receiving disk only has "Shortcut...... "to the original disk which means that I have to have the original disk in the DVD player so I have nowhere to put the receiving disk. How do I copy using Drag to Disk so that a full copy is on the receiving disk and not just a "shortcut to....." so that I can play the copied disk on its own.

Regards,

Edited by Turkish

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I want to copy to CD's and DVD's using Drag to Disk but when I do so the receiving disk only has "Shortcut...... "to the original disk which means that I have to have the original disk in the DVD player so I have nowhere to put the receiving disk. How do I copy using Drag to Disk so that a full copy is on the receiving disk and not just a "shortcut to....." so that I can play the copied disk on its own.

Regards,

I don't think Disc Copier would ever copy a Drag to Disc (D2D) Disc.

Copy the contents to your hard drive (desktop) then put the new formated D2D disc (CD/DVD) in the drive and add it to that disc.

I better warn you, sooner or later someone will be along scolding you of the evils of using D2D! B)

cd

Edited by cdanteek

I don't think Disc Copier would ever copy a Drag to Disc (D2D) Disc.

Copy the contents to your hard drive (desktop) then put the new formated D2D disc (CD/DVD) in the drive and add it to that disc.

I better warn you, sooner or later someone will be along scolding you of the evils of using D2D! B)

cd

There's nothing wrong with Packet-Writing (such as Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) as long as you don't mind losing the data - for example, copying files to transfer to another computer when the original is safely on the originating computer.

If you want to KEEP the data, don't use either Packet-Writing or RW media. Using them together is likely to result in disaster sooner.

A bit more info here

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12382

Lynn

cd

There y' are. She just couldn't stay away! :lol:

Turkish,

Drag-to-Disc does not make a 'regular' playable copy of a disc. It uses a special data format which often can't be read outside of the machine which wrote it.

You should use Disc Copier to copy a complete disc, or Creator Classic if you want to copy only part of a disc.