• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

BSOD on Eject in DLA

Wylbur

Question

Hi;

I have a problem with getting the BSOD for DLA on the eject operation.

I have no idea as to why this started happening, as it has been working

flawlessly for several years now.

I am running Windows 2000 SP4, with DLA 4.9. Upgrading to the latest

version is not feasible, as it is not supported in Windows 2000.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

3 answers to this question

Hi;

I have a problem with getting the BSOD for DLA on the eject operation.

I have no idea as to why this started happening, as it has been working

flawlessly for several years now.

I am running Windows 2000 SP4, with DLA 4.9. Upgrading to the latest

version is not feasible, as it is not supported in Windows 2000.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'd say the disc is failing, and if you can read anything on it, copy it onto the Hard Drive and make a Data Disc from it.

If you can't copy it onto the Hard Drive, it's possible that you can still retrieve it with a Data Recovery program such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBustser (www.isobuster.com). If a Data Recovery program can't get it back (and BTW, the "trial Version" only lets you see if there is anything recoverable, you have to pay to recover the data), it's gone. Packet-Writing isn't what I thought it was, and I learned the hard way.

More info here -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12382

Lynn

I'd say the disc is failing, and if you can read anything on it, copy it onto the Hard Drive and make a Data Disc from it.

If you can't copy it onto the Hard Drive, it's possible that you can still retrieve it with a Data Recovery program such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBustser (www.isobuster.com). If a Data Recovery program can't get it back (and BTW, the "trial Version" only lets you see if there is anything recoverable, you have to pay to recover the data), it's gone. Packet-Writing isn't what I thought it was, and I learned the hard way.

More info here -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12382

Lynn

Hi Lynn;

It does this with every disc. I've formatted a new disc, and got the BSOD on eject after

copying some files to it.

Thanks!!!

Hi Lynn;

It does this with every disc. I've formatted a new disc, and got the BSOD on eject after

copying some files to it.

Thanks!!!

By the time I got the Win2000 computer (subsesquent to the WinXP), I'd learned to avoid Packet-Writing and other formatted storage (like Zip discs). So I can't say what it might be.

However, WinXP doesn't write anything until you hit eject the Zip disc, and if you insist it come out anyway, WinXP seems to destroy the TOC [Table of Contents] area, making the disc unusable. It might be something like that.

Lynn

PS: one of the Digital Gurus has a habit of assuring everyone that Packet-Writing is fine, and you didn't lose any data - not that he can explain how to get it back. He may drop by later.

Archived