• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incompatible source and destination error

cbspike85

Question

I copy dvd's using two burners. Roxio recognizes the source dvd, but it keeps giving me the error of "the source and destination are incompatible." Does anybody know what the problem may be? I've copied dvd's using this program recently, but it's been giving me this error message for the past few days preventing me from copying my dvd's. Any help is appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I believe EMC 7 could only be used to create DL data DVDs while EMC 7.5 will do video also

You are sort of correct. the 7.1.189, or whatever, changed it so you could burn video to DL. It was the final update to version 7, and I amnot sure of what the name was, an I am too lazy to go and look. :)

Explain what the source DVD is Commercial disc, burned + - R/RW single or dual layer, and explain what your burning it to. Your using Disc Copier?

cdanteek

And, if it isn't a commercial disc, have you tried making an .ISO copy to the Hard Drive, and burning from that?

Lynn

I'm having a similar problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've burned many dvd's using DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, etc., all of them 4.7 gb single layer. No problems. But I just bought some Double Layer Memorex that I wanted to try. Roxio Disc Copier doesn't seem to recognize the double layer discs and I get the message "the source and destination are incompatible". Never saw this before and don't know how to resolve. Can anyone help?

I'm having a similar problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've burned many dvd's using DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, etc., all of them 4.7 gb single layer. No problems. But I just bought some Double Layer Memorex that I wanted to try. Roxio Disc Copier doesn't seem to recognize the double layer discs and I get the message "the source and destination are incompatible". Never saw this before and don't know how to resolve. Can anyone help?

Same questions apply as cdandeek stated. What version of EMC are you using? What is the burner make/model? A bit more info would be useful

Same questions apply as cdandeek stated. What version of EMC are you using? What is the burner make/model? A bit more info would be useful

I have EMC 7 and Memorex External 16X Double Layer Model 3202-3288. I'm beginning to suspect that this version of EMC doesn't do double layer. Nero worked O.K.

I have EMC 7 and Memorex External 16X Double Layer Model 3202-3288. I'm beginning to suspect that this version of EMC doesn't do double layer. Nero worked O.K.

16x16 Drive Firmware Update

Firmware ONLY for the recorder with Memorex ID string Memorex DVD16+/-DLWnD2.

Firmware update for the 16x16 Dual, Format, Double Layer DVD Recorder, model number 3202-3292 (Internal Model) or 3202-3288 (External Model).

Please view the tutorial below if you are unable to identify your drive in Windows 98/ME or Windows 2000/XP.

Updated: July 5, 2005

Download File 0.5 MB

Related Tutorial 1:

Drive Identification in Windows 98 and ME

Related Tutorial 2:

Drive String Identifying in Windows 2000 and XP

Memorex

cdanteek

Archived