• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VHS to DVD MPG2 probelms

tigger81

Question

3 answers to this question

hi, I am new, when I try to burn to DVD I cannot paly it in DVD player. Is this becuase it is in MPG2 format. I have a mac, and roxio for Mac how do i burn it in a differnt format? Also should I be using DVD-R please helo

Tell us what Mac Roxio program you have so that we can move this post to the correct Mac forum. You have posted in the Venue and Qflix forum.

hi, I am new, when I try to burn to DVD I cannot paly it in DVD player. Is this becuase it is in MPG2 format. I have a mac, and roxio for Mac how do i burn it in a differnt format? Also should I be using DVD-R please helo

all ti says is that it needs mac platform OS X-intel to work. I have a mac w/ snow leopard on it, I appreciate all your efforts to help me, I am so lost if it help I have the only one that amzon sells for mac with toast basic included

all ti says is that it needs mac platform OS X-intel to work. I have a mac w/ snow leopard on it, I appreciate all your efforts to help me, I am so lost if it help I have the only one that amzon sells for mac with toast basic included

When the device finishes capturing the video from your VHS you should see a window giving you the option to send it to Toast. Choosing this launches the Toast 9 Basic you received with the device. The video should appear in the Toast Video window with DVD Video selected as the format. There you can edit the text that will appear in the menu, choose a menu style and select a frame from the video that will appear as the menu button. You select the frame by clicking on the thumbnail image and moving the slider that appears underneath.

When you have the menu the way you want, click the burn button to burn your video DVD. It should play in most any DVD player. If you insert the DVD in your Mac it should launch DVD Player to play on your Mac.

If this is not what is happening please provide me more details.

Also, MPEG 2 is the format used by video DVD players.