• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 9 Suddenly stops burning...

flyerdc

Question

After two years of no problems burning DVDs of downloaded video, suddenly my Creator 9 has stopped working. The first image from the video appears on the preview screen (under the words "Encoding preview") and then nothing. "Current task: Encoding Movie" never budges beyond "0%" I've tried this with different video. Same problem.

I've got a good college education, but I find the Roxio troubleshooting tips almost impossible to understand.

Why would this suddenly stop? Nothing changed in the type of video I was using. Nothing changed with the computer (I believe). Nothing changed in the type of recordable DVD I used.

Any advice (written for a mere mortal) would be appreciated!

Edited by flyerdc

1 answer to this question

After two years of no problems burning DVDs of downloaded video, suddenly my Creator 9 has stopped working. The first image from the video appears on the preview screen (under the words "Encoding preview") and then nothing. "Current task: Encoding Movie" never budges beyond "0%" I've tried this with different video. Same problem.

I've got a good college education, but I find the Roxio troubleshooting tips almost impossible to understand.

Why would this suddenly stop? Nothing changed in the type of video I was using. Nothing changed with the computer (I believe). Nothing changed in the type of recordable DVD I used.

Any advice (written for a mere mortal) would be appreciated!

so your car worked, and now it won't... perhaps it ran out of gas? ;)

only you know what had happened to your system, add'l software installed, drivers or other patches installed, some antivirus or spy/malware deleting essential files and/or registry entires, and what not.

try reinstalling... well, if you have Creator 9 go the proper Creator 9 Community forum! there you will also see tips and tricks reinstalling your Roxio Creator 9 software. Also: have you checked for newer Creator 9 patches on the Roxio Support download page?

Hope this helps.