• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Own Post - Import from Mini DVD

drums308

Question

I am having the same issue. My cousin has a Hitachi camcorder that records to mini-DVD in standard DVD format (using the typical VIDEO_TS folders, etc.). I am able to bring the individual movies up in the "Source" window, but with the exception of choosing the default MPEG-2 format, nothing shows up in the folder that I specify when converting. One thing I do notice is that the properties of the MPEG-2 files it creates contain 0 bytes..........This is more than likely the reason that neither mine and I'm assuming the previous members computer will not play them. I've tried every Output option available and nothing. When I hit the "Go" button, it sure acts like it's doing something, but it appears to either write 0 byte MPEG-2 files or nothing at all. I haven't tried to "rip" any other DVD and since the disclaimer when launching the application says it won't work with Copywright protected DVD's, I haven't bothered. Roxio Creator 2010 Pro automatically downloaded and installed Service Pack 1 so I'm assuming that the software is up to date. My particular system is a customized HP Pavilion running Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Hardware includes AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8 GHz processor with 4 GB RAM. This system originally had onboard video and I upgraded to PCI-Express NVidia Ge-Force 9500GT card with 1 GB memory. I also have 2 hard drives. Primary (system) drive is Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB and secondary drive is the "OEM" Samsung 500 GB drive that this system originally came with. I beleive, however, that hardware is irrelevant in this case. It appears to be some sort of glitch/problem with the software. It's rather frustrating to spend hard-earned money on a product that doesn't work properly. I would imagine that Roxio would become aware of this, if not already, and hopefully fix it. So in the meantime, I'm waiting.

:unsure:

1 answer to this question