• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo transfer won't open

chippinslag

Question

I bought Toast 10 titanium just so I could access my TIVO files. I installed it and checked the box that I wanted the Tivotogo. Completed the install then tried to open the Tivo Transfer but nothing happens. I did a Google search and found that Roxio has quite the bad reputation and I probably just wasted my 100 bucks. But I'm hoping I can get help for this Tivo feature.

4 answers to this question

I bought Toast 10 titanium just so I could access my TIVO files. I installed it and checked the box that I wanted the Tivotogo. Completed the install then tried to open the Tivo Transfer but nothing happens. I did a Google search and found that Roxio has quite the bad reputation and I probably just wasted my 100 bucks. But I'm hoping I can get help for this Tivo feature.

Are you running Snow Leopard? If so, you'll need the update for Toast (which includes a new version of TiVo Transfer)

If that's not the case, could you please provide a bit more detail with regard to "nothing happens"?

- Bob

Are you running Snow Leopard? If so, you'll need the update for Toast (which includes a new version of TiVo Transfer)

If that's not the case, could you please provide a bit more detail with regard to "nothing happens"?

- Bob

Yes, I ended up installing the update. This caused TIVO transfer to work. Great I thought! But then when I burned Spaceballs to DVD it failed to play on any of the DVD players I own. So I got TIVO trans to work but it doesn't do me much good when the stuff I burn to disk cannot be played.

Yes I have Snow Leopard.

I downloaded the update for Toast and now have 10.0.4. Yes - I have a Mac and just installed Snow Leopard) My Tivo transfer still won't open. I called customer service and they emailed me an update which sent me to a link that just sends me back to the same update that I already installed. I really feel like I'm getting the "run around" as I have posted two help requests and gotten no new helpful information. It's like they just have an automatic reply and don't even read the help questions.

Anybody know of a newer update? Thanks.

Yes, I ended up installing the update. This caused TIVO transfer to work. Great I thought! But then when I burned Spaceballs to DVD it failed to play on any of the DVD players I own. So I got TIVO trans to work but it doesn't do me much good when the stuff I burn to disk cannot be played.

Yes I have Snow Leopard.

Does the DVD play on the computer? Do you know whether you used DVD-R or DVD+R media -- it's been my experience that the older DVD players work better with DVD-R media. While I don't know how old your DVD players might be -- it might be worth a try to use different media.

- Bob

I downloaded the update for Toast and now have 10.0.4. Yes - I have a Mac and just installed Snow Leopard) My Tivo transfer still won't open. I called customer service and they emailed me an update which sent me to a link that just sends me back to the same update that I already installed. I really feel like I'm getting the "run around" as I have posted two help requests and gotten no new helpful information. It's like they just have an automatic reply and don't even read the help questions.

Anybody know of a newer update? Thanks.

As far as I know, the 10.0.4 update is the most recent. When TiVo Transfer won't open, does it do anything (such as open and crash)? Have you tried repairing the permissions on your drive using the Drive Utility (in the Utilities folder)

- Bob

Archived