• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

TOAST 10 update install question

chippinslag

Question

I have an imac. I installed the toast 10 update hoping it would get my Tivo transfer to function. I downloaded the update but now what? How to I get this download to actually update Toast? when I double click on the downloaded item it opens up the Toast install window. So OK I try to drag the Toast file to the applications folder and a message pops up asking if I am certain I want to exchange the newer software with the old one I am about to install. That sounds backwards so I canceled out. My current Toast version is 10.0.1 and I just bought the dang thing.

4 answers to this question

If I were you, I'd rename the original Toast to something like Toast 10001 first. Then if you do the update, you get to preserve the original version, which you can delete any time. Then install the new version. That way you will have both versions and can use either one you prefer. When you get very happy with the update, you can delete the renamed version. Sometimes people want to go back and have no way to do so.

If I were you, I'd rename the original Toast to something like Toast 10001 first. Then if you do the update, you get to preserve the original version, which you can delete any time. Then install the new version. That way you will have both versions and can use either one you prefer. When you get very happy with the update, you can delete the renamed version. Sometimes people want to go back and have no way to do so.

errr too late. I figured I had nothing to lose so I managed to update it. Now the Tivo transfer workes but I encountered another problem. I transferred a show from my tivo to my mac. Then I burned it and all seemed fine. However, when I tried to test it on my DVD players the disc could not be played. Geez, first one problem then another with this lousy software! Whats up with Roxio?

Did the original version on the disc function properly with some of the desired functions? If so, try to rename the current version and re-install from the disc. I never tried to go back so I am not sure if it'll work, but if not, then you can start again from scratch, delete everything, install from the disc, rename the disc version again and re-install the upgrade. That should work for sure (if I understand your problem correctly). Mqake sure you backup any data files first though. The Toast has almost too many different functions, I know that I don't use many of them, and should perhaps be several products. That way the S/W maintenance could be more managable, IMHO. And they would make more $s, if someone really use all the Toast functionalities. In some areas, like for example blu-ray burning, at their price range, they have no competition on the mac platforms.

errr too late. I figured I had nothing to lose so I managed to update it. Now the Tivo transfer workes but I encountered another problem. I transferred a show from my tivo to my mac. Then I burned it and all seemed fine. However, when I tried to test it on my DVD players the disc could not be played. Geez, first one problem then another with this lousy software! Whats up with Roxio?

I've read a few posts where DVDs burned with Toast 10.0.4 aren't playing in all players. I don't know what's happening there. You might try burning the DVD at a setting other than Best (such as 8x) to see if that makes a difference. Does the DVD mount and play on the Mac? Are you using OS 10.5.x or 10.6.x?

Archived