• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Empty disk not recognized in Disk Copy

vventurella

Question

When I try to Copy a non-protected Disk using a dual Drive (in an HP MCE 2005 system), every time I insert a fresh DVD into the Destination Drive, the door opens and tells me to insert a reusable or empty disk. Repeating always comes back the same way. Any ideas why this is happening. I've tried several different brands of + R disks, even DL with no luck/

Thanks

12 answers to this question

Your answer is surprisng since the drive I'm using is an actually a (COMP USA ordered from warranty and supplied by them) replacement. Since they are out of business I can't inquire as to the mfg. and model. Since I've Restored this computer a couple of times since then, what are the chances that it's labeled as the original was?

Vince

I should have read this before answering the previous post. Again since it's a replacement, I haven't any idea. I'll do somewhat of a search on my receipts from COMP USA to find out; hope I'm successful.

Thanks

Vince

cd:

As I suspected, the COMP USA Work Order and receipt for the Warranty Repair was not very revealing.

It gives a part number (HP or COMP USA?-nopt delineated)and description, as follows:

Part # ED843-69001- 16X DVD+/-R/RW DUAL LAYER Ram LIGHTSCRIBE OPTICAL.

However after all this, since I'm able to write to the drive (and even a Drag and Drop) wouldn't that point to a fault in the EMC9 CopyDisk sub-program?

Vince

cd:

As I suspected, the COMP USA Work Order and receipt for the Warranty Repair was not very revealing.

It gives a part number (HP or COMP USA?-nopt delineated)and description, as follows:

Part # ED843-69001- 16X DVD+/-R/RW DUAL LAYER Ram LIGHTSCRIBE OPTICAL.

However after all this, since I'm able to write to the drive (and even a Drag and Drop) wouldn't that point to a fault in the EMC9 CopyDisk sub-program?

Vince

Drag and Drop as in D2D, Drag to Disc?

Try shutting off D2D and see what happens?

You aren't trying to copy a D2D disc are you?

cd

Drag and Drop as in D2D, Drag to Disc?

Try shutting off D2D and see what happens?

You aren't trying to copy a D2D disc are you?

cd

cd:

Answers; 1. Yes, Drag to Disk

2. Short of deleting or uninstalling D2D. how is it shut off?

3. No! the one I tried to copy is a non-protected movie disk, as well as other edited and burned Movies(all non-protected).

cd:

Answers; 1. Yes, Drag to Disk

2. Short of deleting or uninstalling D2D. how is it shut off?

3. No! the one I tried to copy is a non-protected movie disk, as well as other edited and burned Movies(all non-protected).

2. Right click the icon and exit?

Your drive in a L or a M is a OEM HP and others. If you Google it there are all kinds of media recognition problems, DVD and CD.

I would go into device manager expand the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, right click on the TSST corp CD/DVDW TS H652L, and

click uninstall. Reboot the pc, shut D2D off and try again...Uninstalling and rebooting just assigns the correct MS drivers to the

drive in case they got wacked somehow.

cd

cd

When I try to Copy a non-protected Disk using a dual Drive (in an HP MCE 2005 system), every time I insert a fresh DVD into the Destination Drive, the door opens and tells me to insert a reusable or empty disk. Repeating always comes back the same way. Any ideas why this is happening. I've tried several different brands of + R disks, even DL with no luck/

Thanks

Check your drives in device manager and post exactly what yours say here...

post-97-1260201834.jpg

cd

Thanks

What specific program are you using to do the copying with ???

Frank...

Check your drives in device manager and post exactly what yours say here...

post-97-1260201834.jpg

cd

I checked that before I posted. The exact generic name of the 2 drives was printed. I deleted the DVD/RW drive and re-started to find the hardware and re-install. That didn't help.

Vince

What specific program are you using to do the copying with ???

Frank...

I tried to use the Disk Copy part of EMC9.

Thanks

I checked that before I posted. The exact generic name of the 2 drives was printed. I deleted the DVD/RW drive and re-started to find the hardware and re-install. That didn't help.

Vince

I tried to use the Disk Copy part of EMC9.

Thanks

Vince, I asked you to post exactly what your reads!

Is that a problem?

cd

Vince,

could you post the brand name and model of the pc the TSST corp CD/DVDW TS H652L came with?

It's a OEM drive and I'm having trouble finding the specs...

cd

Your answer is surprisng since the drive I'm using is an actually a (COMP USA ordered from warranty and supplied by them) replacement. Since they are out of business I can't inquire as to the mfg. and model. Since I've Restored this computer a couple of times since then, what are the chances that it's labeled as the original was?

Vince

There's a limited amount of info HERE, and HERE, cd.

I should have read this before answering the previous post. Again since it's a replacement, I haven't any idea. I'll do somewhat of a search on my receipts from COMP USA to find out; hope I'm successful.

Thanks

Vince

Archived