Unable To Play Burned Disc On Laptop Using Disc Copier

garyalexander

Question

:) I used Disc Copier to burn a backup copy of a DVD movie. The movie plays fine in the DVD player but only the intro plays on the DVD +RW drive where it was created and then hangs using Sonic CinePlayer

I thought it would play in my DVD player but once it got to chapter 16 it froze and eventually "disc dirty" error on player

6 answers to this question

:) I used Disc Copier to burn a backup copy of a DVD movie. The movie plays fine in the DVD player but only the intro plays on the DVD +RW drive where it was created and then hangs using Sonic CinePlayer

I thought it would play in my DVD player but once it got to chapter 16 it froze and eventually "disc dirty" error on player

What kind of a disc was the original source?

A commercially sold one?

A homemade one? If so, how wasit originally made?

Memorex is one of those companies that contracts other companies to make the discs for them. On VideoHelp , they list several different manufacturers for Memorex for different speed rates. It's fairly much hit or miss with Memorex quality. I usually stick with anything 'Made in Japan' like Fuji or Sony. More expensive, but haven't had a bad one yet. Be alert and look at the labels. I've run across a few Fuji's that were 'Made in Taiwan'.

Memorex is one of those companies that contracts other companies to make the discs for them. On VideoHelp , they list several different manufacturers for Memorex for different speed rates. It's fairly much hit or miss with Memorex quality. I usually stick with anything 'Made in Japan' like Fuji or Sony. More expensive, but haven't had a bad one yet. Be alert and look at the labels. I've run across a few Fuji's that were 'Made in Taiwan'.

I have 10 Fujifilm DVD+RW discs, made in Taiwan, and none of them work. :)

I tried burning again using Memorex discs instead of the POS CompUSA discs. Works fine now both in DVD player and PC. CompUSA discs seem to work fine for storing data but are lousy for burning movies.

I hope that the media change works out for you, but IMHO, you jumped from the fying pan, into the fire, when you say you switched to Memorex.

I'm not sure what the issue is but I've had better results with DVD-R discs. In fact, my Panasonic DVD player actually says not to use +R discs if playing home burned media.

Archived