• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video and Audio out of sync after capture

Trish2009

Question

Hi everyone,

I connected my video camera to my laptop using the usb port. I used Creator 2010 video import and imported the video as MPEG (I have a HD space limitation and had a lot of videos to import). When I open the videos in videowave to do some editing, I notice that the audio is delayed by about 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Is there anyway to fix this without having to reimport the video? I got it so I can see the native audio track in the storyline view, but I cant seem to slide the native audio over slightly to make it sync up.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!!

2 answers to this question

Well yes there actually is a way…

If you have 2010 Pro, you have SoundSoap and you can do some Audio work with the mpeg files in there. (I have to admit, I never installed it, but some others have)

Plan B – extract the Audio and mute the native audio in VW. Then add the extracted audio on one of the Audio Tracks and adjust it as needed.

But Bruce is right, your lap could not keep up with the pace and the HD coudl be the bottleneck.

Hi everyone,

I connected my video camera to my laptop using the usb port. I used Creator 2010 video import and imported the video as MPEG (I have a HD space limitation and had a lot of videos to import). When I open the videos in videowave to do some editing, I notice that the audio is delayed by about 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Is there anyway to fix this without having to reimport the video? I got it so I can see the native audio track in the storyline view, but I cant seem to slide the native audio over slightly to make it sync up.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!!

Nope.

What were you doing while capturing?

Disable your antivirus software, and shut down any uneeded programs running at startup.

Also, defrag your hard drive.

Archived