• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

dvd media question

cornerstone-llc

Question

I recently had a long bad experience with burning DVDs. After a lot of trial and error I switched from the TDK DVD to a Memorex DVD. The TDK brand says the DVD is 1-16X speed while the Memorex say 16X. Both should work fine but do not - the Memorex is the only one that is working. So Im left scratching my head going what is the difference in these two DVD's really.

Thanks in advance. :unsure:

1 answer to this question

I recently had a long bad experience with burning DVDs. After a lot of trial and error I switched from the TDK DVD to a Memorex DVD. The TDK brand says the DVD is 1-16X speed while the Memorex say 16X. Both should work fine but do not - the Memorex is the only one that is working. So Im left scratching my head going what is the difference in these two DVD's really.

Thanks in advance. :unsure:

There is no difference except that we usually hear that Memorex will give problems. Usually TDK is Ok but most people here refer Verbatim or JVC made by Taiyo Yuden (available on line only for now).

You may have gotten a bad batch of TDKs; it happens. Are they both plus R or dash R?

Archived