• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't launch The Roxio Home page

bdg600

Question

Just installed EMC8 and updated it. Everytime I try to launch from the desk top icon or I try to launch the home page from the program menu i get an "invalid Pointer (comerror 80004003)". It appears everything else is working but I have not done much with it yet. Any ideas on what the fix for this is?

12 answers to this question

About which installer I used, I just put the disk in my cdrom and it started autimatically so im not sure what exe file it used. Have i ever had the home page? Nope, I did the reinstall just incase something went wrong the first time but it hasnt made a difference.

I asked because some people do not use the auto play feature and explore the drive. Did you do a custom install? Does everything else work? There was a problem in the beta with this happening but I don't remember the resolution. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

I would think that somewhere in the program files there is an executable file that runs the "Home Page". I'm not familiar with that exact file name but if there is one then see if that will start the home page and then just make a shortcut to it on your desktop. Or am I not seeing your problem right ? As far as just installing the program itself, with an exe or msi file, there should be an answer for that.

Frank....

When you did the initial install, which one did you use or did you do something else? If you used the wrong installer program, it does not install the home page. Did you have the home page before you updated?

Just installed EMC8 and updated it. Everytime I try to launch from the desk top icon or I try to launch the home page from the program menu i get an "invalid Pointer (comerror 80004003)". It appears everything else is working but I have not done much with it yet. Any ideas on what the fix for this is?

I asked because some people do not use the auto play feature and explore the drive. Did you do a custom install? Does everything else work? There was a problem in the beta with this happening but I don't remember the resolution. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

They eliminated the problem that was found in the beta testing when using the msi installer instead of the exe file.

The shortcut target line for the roxio home page is

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main\Roxio_Central.exe"

including ""

There is also a reference to the pointer error here,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...x.php/t975.html

the poster found it was solved when he installed SP2 on his XP.

Good find; I don't remember that post at all. :)

The shortcut target line for the roxio home page is

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main\Roxio_Central.exe"

including ""

There is also a reference to the pointer error here,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...x.php/t975.html

the poster found it was solved when he installed SP2 on his XP.

Every time i try to load this program it prompts me to run the EXE file so im not having any luck with the msi file. Third time i loaded this program and patched it and still cant get the home page to work; still pointer error. Roxio has failed to return my email. I am quite disgusted

Every time i try to load this program it prompts me to run the EXE file so im not having any luck with the msi file. Third time i loaded this program and patched it and still cant get the home page to work; still pointer error. Roxio has failed to return my email. I am quite disgusted

I forgot to mention in my post above that clicking on the .msi file will not install the suite.

Ok, I did some research. It looks like this is a somewhat common problem with Windows files. It means that file has been corrupted or moved. Since you just installed the applicaiton I would assume an installation problem.

First, do you have Nero installed? Sometimes those applicaitons confilict with one another so make a decision which one you really want and get rid of the other (assuming you have both).

If not then just do a clean install, and make sure you are not running any antivirus software duing the installation, sometimes those type of programs casue problems for installers.

*Edited for punctuation*

About which installer I used, I just put the disk in my cdrom and it started autimatically so im not sure what exe file it used. Have i ever had the home page? Nope, I did the reinstall just incase something went wrong the first time but it hasnt made a difference.

Archived