• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Printing Photos issue

carymel

Question

I am on Windows 7 Professional and when I try to print a photo evrything seems like it is going to print, but as soon as the project is sent to the printer it starts deleting the project.

In the print window there is nothing in the document name, just an generic icon.

please help.

Cary

11 answers to this question

Going to need your help understanding any of this??? :huh:

What program within the Roxio Suite are you using? (guessing it is Roxio PhotoSuite)

What printer do you have? (make and model)

What is “deleting the project” and where?

Describe in detail the steps you take to print. I will try to duplicate the process on my PC. :)

There are a lot of options for Printing in Photosuite. Try to give us a step by step process leading up to the error.

I open up Roxio 2010 and then I click on Photo then print and Photo Suite comes up, I then add photo and then hit the print button.

Everything seems to go to my Lexmark X6570 printer but as soon as I hit print I bring up the print status window and I notice that there is not a document name showing, just a generic icon.

The printer thinks it is printing but nothing happens.

On all of my other programs I can print photos ant where else but Roxio.

This is very strange.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled both the Roxio 2010 & Lexmark X6570 printer also.

I even checked and everything is Compatible with Windows 7.

I hope this is enough information because it isa a step by step process.

Thank you Cary

Going to need your help understanding any of this??? :huh:

What program within the Roxio Suite are you using? (guessing it is Roxio PhotoSuite) Yes

What printer do you have? (make and model)Lexmark x6570

What is “deleting the project” and where?That is exactly it I don't know, I read some where that frun.exe was causing the problem, but I don't have any idea.

Describe in detail the steps you take to print. I will try to duplicate the process on my PC. :)

All I do is go to print from Photo suite and then a gray notification box pops up from roxio and just has a cancel button the middle.

If I bring up the printer status box I can see under document just an generic icon with no document discription and the status for about 3 seconds says printing and then it says deleting and nothing happens.

That is all that happens.

Before Iupgraded to Windows seven from XP I was using Roxio Creator 2009 and it worked find but it was not compatible with Windows 7 and the patch did not allow for every application to work so I purchased Roxio Creator 2010 and now this.

I hope you can help.

Thank you Cary.

Still a little hard to follow, but it should be enough…

(if English is not your first language you may want to post in something more comfortable to you – someone should be able to read it :D )

In PhotoSuite you clicking the Print icon (1. in the pic) or going through the File-Print. That will bring up a Print window:

post-39730-1260452635.jpg

Have you checked to make sure the correct Printer is set (2. in the pic) and that it has the correct Settings?

In mine there is no document name but that is not required for printing: post-39730-1260452921.jpg

Looking on the Lexmark site, I see that the driver must be removed to use it with Win7: Info.

All I do is go to print from Photo suite and then a gray notification box pops up from roxio and just has a cancel button the middle.

If I bring up the printer status box I can see under document just an generic icon with no document discription and the status for about 3 seconds says printing and then it says deleting and nothing happens.

That is all that happens.

Before Iupgraded to Windows seven from XP I was using Roxio Creator 2009 and it worked find but it was not compatible with Windows 7 and the patch did not allow for every application to work so I purchased Roxio Creator 2010 and now this.

I hope you can help.

Thank you Cary.

One more thing My lexmark X6570 Prints all photos on every other program I have

Lexmark Product studio

Windows Photo viwer

Print Master 12

Word 2007 Office.

Everyhing but Roxio Creator 2010

Still a little hard to follow, but it should be enough…

(if English is not your first language you may want to post in something more comfortable to you – someone should be able to read it :D )

In PhotoSuite you clicking the Print icon (1. in the pic) or going through the File-Print. That will bring up a Print window:

post-39730-1260452635.jpg

Have you checked to make sure the correct Printer is set (2. in the pic) and that it has the correct Settings?

In mine there is no document name but that is not required for printing: post-39730-1260452921.jpg

Looking on the Lexmark site, I see that the driver must be removed to use it with Win7: Info.

I removed the driver and installed the update for Lexmark X6570 printer for Windows 7, but it still will not print from Roxio 2010.

It does look like it is a Lexmark issue, I hate changing printers, so I guess I will deal with Lexmark.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Cary Loynd.

If I open Creator 2010, click on Photo, then Print, the print screen, in Jim's 2 picture comes up. I use that sequence to print photos, or do disc, quite a bit.

Make sure that your Lexmark is the printer shown in the Select Printer dropdown. Also check the settings, on that printer, to make sure something isn't amiss.

If I open Creator 2010, click on Photo, then Print, the print screen, in Jim's 2 picture comes up. I use that sequence to print photos, or do disc, quite a bit.

Make sure that your Lexmark is the printer shown in the Select Printer dropdown. Also check the settings, on that printer, to make sure something isn't amiss.

How embarrassing! I never noticed that Print button before :lol::D:lol: No wonder I was having trouble following along...

post-39730-1260460764.jpg

Archived