Slideshow transition: fade to black

storebridge

Question

Hello,

I'm using:

Roxio Home

Version: 9.0.166

And the CD it arrived on is marked Sonic Solutions, so that brings me to this forum. Please feel free to redirect me if there's a more appropriate thread for this.

I'm trying to make a slideshow which briefly fades to black inbetween each photo. I've been playing with the Photo: Create Slideshow option and also the Videowave application under Video: Edit Video, but so far the closest I can get is a Dissolve transition, in which each photo dissolves into the next.

Am I missing this option or is it just not there? Is it available in another version of this software? I would be happy to upgrade if I knew that feature would be available.

Thanks in advance!

Becky

4 answers to this question

Thanks, malatekid -- I did think of that, and assuming I can set a custom length of each black slide, it should work. Although, I was hoping to avoid workarounds. Can you confirm the fade-to-black is not a built in feature within Videowave or the Photo>Create Slideshow app?

I see there is a Videowave forum, so perhaps I should be posting there anyways.

Thanks!

Becky

Becky,

If your software version has it, insert a dissolve transition, then a black color panel and again a dissolve transition between two consecutive photos.

Post back with your result.

Thanks, malatekid -- I did think of that, and assuming I can set a custom length of each black slide, it should work. Although, I was hoping to avoid workarounds. Can you confirm the fade-to-black is not a built in feature within Videowave or the Photo>Create Slideshow app?

I see there is a Videowave forum, so perhaps I should be posting there anyways.

Thanks!

Becky

I don't have your version but I have versions 7.5 and later and no version has a single transition (or effect) that does the fade to black.