• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video capture doesn't work past 30 sec

theslaz

Question

Running Easy Media Creator 10 Suite with Windows 7. Have a Sony 8 mm Camcorder hooked up to a video capture card. EMC does recognize the camera and connects. When I try to capture a video; it will work, but for aprox. only 30 seconds. Than the camera goes on pause and the recording stops. I have tried all the settings E.G. capture length and capture of entire tape. Both settings only give me 30 sec of video.

I do have another program for capturing videos; it does work and I was able to capture the complete video. However; I prefer EMC and would like to get it to work.

Any suggestions??

6 answers to this question

Running Easy Media Creator 10 Suite with Windows 7. Have a Sony 8 mm Camcorder hooked up to a video capture card. EMC does recognize the camera and connects. When I try to capture a video; it will work, but for aprox. only 30 seconds. Than the camera goes on pause and the recording stops. I have tried all the settings E.G. capture length and capture of entire tape. Both settings only give me 30 sec of video.

I do have another program for capturing videos; it does work and I was able to capture the complete video. However; I prefer EMC and would like to get it to work.

Any suggestions??

Easy Media Creator 10 is not compatible with Windows 7. Only Creator 2010 is compatible with Windows 7. You can run Easy Media Creator 10 on Xp and Vista.

Jon

Easy Media Creator 10 is not compatible with Windows 7. Only Creator 2010 is compatible with Windows 7. You can run Easy Media Creator 10 on Xp and Vista.

Jon

That would make this the only program that I have had a problem with on Windows 7!

Do you know; is this a problem that has been dealt with before on Xp or Vista???

That would make this the only program that I have had a problem with on Windows 7!

Do you know; is this a problem that has been dealt with before on Xp or Vista???

Hey Slaz -

Well, I'm guessing some of those programs that do work on Win7 are a little more basic than Creator. There are things like Direct X, WMP, and other OS dependent features/components that Easy media Creator 10 is looking for. But since the Win 7 versions are newer, EMC 10 can't find them or make them function properly as the EMC 10 wasn't built for an OS that didn't exist yet - even though some may call Vista and Windows 7 "similar". This is what we mean when software is Windows 7 Certified.

As for the general issue, yes, it can happen on Vista and XP, but is generally related as a common capture issue that you can look up in the KB. However, since you are attempting to use a program that isn't Windows 7 certified, troubleshooting would be difficult. Kind of like putting a Cooper Mini engine into a Ford F-150...sure it's possible, but will it run the same?

Jon

Hey Slaz -

One more thing - what version of Creator 10 are you running?

Can you Launch Creator 10, go to Help > About... and tell me what version you have and where you purchased your copy of Creator 10?

Thanks,

Jon

Hey Slaz -

One more thing - what version of Creator 10 are you running?

Can you Launch Creator 10, go to Help > About... and tell me what version you have and where you purchased your copy of Creator 10?

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks for the advice and quick replies. Installed it on my version of Windows XP (Dual Boot ). Works like a charm!

Thanks for the advice and quick replies. Installed it on my version of Windows XP (Dual Boot ). Works like a charm!

Awesome!

Jon

Archived