Missing or inaccessable Roxio RecordNow Premier.msi file

notlarc

Question

Video card went bye bye and during the safemode diagnosis phase, lost icons and other things. Reinstalled other items fine, but trying to reinstall rn8 is a no go. It tells me that I already have it installed and I should go through the control panel add remove software to repair this intallation. I do that and the error cant find Roxio RecordNow Premier.msi. Of course this was a downloaded upgrade from an earlier version so the installer file is locked with no way to get to the *.msi file needed to make the repair. Help if you can, Roxio isn't showing me any love, maybe I could find another software I like as much.

3 answers to this question

The way to get a file out of a self-extracting archive is to open it with the free 7-Zip program. That will open the archive without trying to execute it, and will let you extract single files. It saves a lot of fuss.

Never mind, you got there in the end and a periodic reinstall of Windows is actually a very good thing to reduce registry-bloat. I do it about every 6 months for that reason.

Archived