Add music to a production

#1papa

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, I'm sure. But the difference is I had to replace a hard drive and lost almost every thing. When I started putting the software back in the computer, I upgraded to Roxio 2010 and had to download Real Player again. Maybe I had something before that I don't have now.

I guess I need to learn how to store my music in Roxio?

This won't work either since Roxio does not store music. So where can I store my music so Roxio can get to it?

Yes, I'm sure. But the difference is I had to replace a hard drive and lost almost every thing. When I started putting the software back in the computer, I upgraded to Roxio 2010 and had to download Real Player again. Maybe I had something before that I don't have now.

This won't work either since Roxio does not store music. So where can I store my music so Roxio can get to it?

I believe that you think that you were able to use an .rl audio file, in a previous version of the Roxio software, but no way did that happen. You would have had to convert it to a format that Roxio would accept.

You can store your music in a folder, anywhere on your hard drive. It isn't rocket science. Don't make it more difficult than it is. It's Computers 101.

Depends on what OS you are running but My Computer (or Computer) scroll down and look for My Music (or Music), create a folder for your music (by artist?). In Video Wave, you can then just select to add background music or you can dock the Media Manager and pick from there. Not rocket science; just basic Windows controls. The files just have to be on the computer; I don't know why the program doesn't see them unless they are in an unsupported format.

Using Roxio 2010 how can I add music from Real Player to a production? When I add audio, it will not allow me to get to Real Player which is where my music is stored. With EMC 9 it was no problem, that is where it took me.

.rl is not a supported audio format and never has been. Are you sure that you were able to use .rl files in the past? Perhaps they were other formats stored in that folder. There are very few programs that will change the .rl formats to a usable one.

If they are not .rl files, move or copy them to the folder where you have your other assets (videos/images) and try from there.

Archived