• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New Issue

footejb

Question

Since I was having so much trouble and getting encoding error messages when trying to burn my videos, I thought I would try to install Roxio on my daughter's computer wh/ is newer than mine. Her operating system is windows vista and mine is XP. Her antivirus software prevented Roxio from downloading. The message "Riskware Trojan.generic E:\setup.exe" was displayed on the screen and the program shutdown and would not download. Her antivirus software is Kapersky. When I downloaded Roxio into my computer I did not get this message.

Incidentaly, since having downloaded Roxio into my computer I have had strange troubles with my internet connection and the computer locking up requiring me to shut it down.

Do you think the Roxio disk is infected with something that has harmed my laptop?

What can I do about this?

Has anyone heard of problems with Roxio disks being infected?

Please give me advice as to where to go next?

Should I get the bestbuy geeksquad to look at it?

3 answers to this question

Since I was having so much trouble and getting encoding error messages when trying to burn my videos, I thought I would try to install Roxio on my daughter's computer wh/ is newer than mine. Her operating system is windows vista and mine is XP. Her antivirus software prevented Roxio from downloading. The message "Riskware Trojan.generic E:\setup.exe" was displayed on the screen and the program shutdown and would not download. Her antivirus software is Kapersky. When I downloaded Roxio into my computer I did not get this message.

Incidentaly, since having downloaded Roxio into my computer I have had strange troubles with my internet connection and the computer locking up requiring me to shut it down.

Do you think the Roxio disk is infected with something that has harmed my laptop?

What can I do about this?

Has anyone heard of problems with Roxio disks being infected?

Please give me advice as to where to go next?

Should I get the bestbuy geeksquad to look at it?

What kind of security software do you have on your computer ?? If you have a security program worth it's salt you should be able to place the Roxio program disk/s in the drive and have your security software check to see if it finds any viruses or whatever. Where did you buy or get the Roxio program ?? Bestbuy ??

Frank...

Frank...

What kind of security software do you have on your computer ?? If you have a security program worth it's salt you should be able to place the Roxio program disk/s in the drive and have your security software check to see if it finds any viruses or whatever. Where did you buy or get the Roxio program ?? Bestbuy ??

Frank...

Frank...

I bought the Roxio program at bestby.

My antivirus sofware is Webroot Antivirus with AntiSpyware.

My daughter's computer antivirus software is Kapersky. It is the one that blocked the download into her computer and gave me the message "Riskware Trojan.generic E:\setup.exe". I then had it scan the drive while the disc was in the computer and it again gave me the "Riskware Trojan.generic E:\setup.exe"

John