Empty movie files

santuel

Question

I'm trying to burn a disc. I have a movie file I want to place on it. It's in My Documents, when I open My Documents the video's there, watchable, etc. When I go in MyDVD and look to import it it acts like there's no length or bytes in the video. Not only that, but when I click it DivX opens and closes constantly.

Any clue what's wrong?

5 answers to this question

Do didn't give much info. I assume this video is a DivX movie with the AVI extension. When you say ' watchable', did you only watch a few secs? mins? or the whole thing? What software did you watch it with? If the DivX software won't play it, then I would think the file is most likely corrupt. That would explain why MyDVD doesn't read the length correctly.

Well like, here's the thing though. I can open it fine with video players on regular, on my computer too. But on his computer when I open it from the shared network on MyDVD it reads it as a blank file with nothing on it. However I can manually open it with like Winamp just fine.

Do didn't give much info. I assume this video is a DivX movie with the AVI extension. When you say ' watchable', did you only watch a few secs? mins? or the whole thing? What software did you watch it with? If the DivX software won't play it, then I would think the file is most likely corrupt. That would explain why MyDVD doesn't read the length correctly.

Archived