Blu-Ray Problem

Blu-Rey

Question

16 answers to this question

The tests failed. I followed your steps (including clearing the proxy file) same result. .ISO is written successfully if the button is anything but "All movies in project". So I still can not successfully add a "play all" button.

Earlier you asked, "One thing I am still not clear on. Are you burning a test disc or just relying on one viewer and an ISO?"

I am not sure what you are asking. I am just relying on "MyDVD" to render and create the .ISO file. After that point I have no idea yet if the .ISO is valid.. I have no BD .ISO viewer. I have tried to mount the .ISO using BD mounter then view with my player (came with my HP.. works with real BDs) but it reports invalid file.

So, I was going to pick up a BD-RE and give it a go... I don't want to ruin my $18 50GB BD.

The tests failed. I followed your steps (including clearing the proxy file) same result. .ISO is written successfully if the button is anything but "All movies in project". So I still can not successfully add a "play all" button.

Earlier you asked, "One thing I am still not clear on. Are you burning a test disc or just relying on one viewer and an ISO?"

I am not sure what you are asking. I am just relying on "MyDVD" to render and create the .ISO file. After that point I have no idea yet if the .ISO is valid.. I have no BD .ISO viewer. I have tried to mount the .ISO using BD mounter then view with my player (came with my HP.. works with real BDs) but it reports invalid file.

So, I was going to pick up a BD-RE and give it a go... I don't want to ruin my $18 50GB BD.

I worked at this most of the day and can reproduce the problem!

post-39730-1260394084.jpg post-39730-1260394042.jpg

Trouble is, it only happens on ONE of my PC's!!!

Now I have to figure out why just the 8300 performs this way…

I gotta get some more coffee and Tylenol :(

Thx for running it up the ladder.

However,

1) It is linked, it shows "All Movies in project" when I view the settings. Always has. It is how I knew it was an option to try. ;)

2) It is not solid gray.. notice yours is not either.

3) It works perfect/fine in preview mode but fails during .ISO burn. I tested it more times since just to make sure.

I think I found it, I'll post here again if it was NOT the case.

On my main menu (I have one main menu and two sub menus) I had a "Play All" button that was set to play all the movies in the project. Also on the main menu were 2 buttons that lead to sub menus (3 buttons in all).

I removed that button and the project completed the .iso.

I am guessing that Play all must be placed on the menu that actually has the movies linked as well? I have not tested it yet.

It was hard to find because the .iso build never failed on the menu that had the play all button. Until I removed it the .iso would not complete and would end with the subject error.

I tried 2x now simply without the "play all" button and it worked both times. I added it back and it failed so it was not a fluke (in my case).

Hope this helps someone, anyone get the "play all" button to work properly?

I am guessing that Play all must be placed on the menu that actually has the movies linked as well? I have not tested it yet.

Hope this helps someone, anyone get the "play all" button to work properly?

Yes, I use the Play All on many projects where there are multiple movie titles in use and I am using multiple pages…

post-39730-1259846558.jpg

Note the all the pages in the Project View and see that the Play All button settings are Linked to "All movies in project"

I usually add the Play All button FIRST in my Project and place it on the first page. Then add the other pages and sprinkle the movies in the play order etc. (if I decide later, not to use it, I can simply delete it)

Then go back and check the settings for the Play All button.

Hi, My problem was Blu-Ray related so I am guessing because no one knew what his "validate project thing" was, nor the error experienced that the OP was attempting a Blu-Ray burn, or at the very least was using the Roxio MyDVD software as I got the error and the software has a "Validate project" option (that my project also passes.. yet fails to burn/render successfully.. per the thread I linked).

Hi, My problem was Blu-Ray related so I am guessing because no one knew what his "validate project thing" was, nor the error experienced that the OP was attempting a Blu-Ray burn, or at the very least was using the Roxio MyDVD software as I got the error and the software has a "Validate project" option (that my project also passes.. yet fails to burn/render successfully.. per the thread I linked).

The Validate Project has always been around and does a lot less than you think! :(

It checks to see if the files used are still where they were loaded from, but only by checking the location and the name…

It checks for button overlap but that is about it!

It does NOT check the integrity of the files or any deeper into the project…

The button command error has come up before and usually relates to a button link or action that no longer exists due to changes in subsequent edits.

Depending on the complexity of the project, you may never find it unless you can actually keep track of everything you have done throughout the project.

There is a lot of room left for improvement in the Authoring program but that would probably push the product into the $200-$500 range… :huh:

Like I said, I already did.. I deleted it .ISOed.. I put it back and it failed with the subject error... I put it on different menus and it failed again.. away and it worked. I've prob done this 5 times. Also as I mentioned during preview modes it all works as it would be expected to work. Good luck let me know how it goes.

When I delete the button it works great (.iso finishes successfully). Add it again (in any menu) and it fails at the end of the .iso creation.

I will try that 'proxy file' idea, I had no idea what that is.. I'll let you know.

If it all fails, Ill set the button to play one movie instead of all in project and Ill let you know if it then works.

Looks like I have many more renders on my hands lol

Like I said, I already did.. I deleted it .ISOed.. I put it back and it failed with the subject error... I put it on different menus and it failed again.. away and it worked. I've prob done this 5 times. Also as I mentioned during preview modes it all works as it would be expected to work. Good luck let me know how it goes.

As I said it woked fine.

Delete the button and Burn to ISO. Error???

Reload the project, clear the proxy file - Tools - Options. Add the button, set it and burn. Error???

If so, set it to some other setting and try it.

One thing I am still not clear on. Are you burning a test disc or just relying on one viewer and an ISO?

I had the same problem - see post #19: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=58428

Blu-Rey, you must be a mind reader. No one else has been able to figure out what the Op is trying to do and the OP has not been back to clarify. Your post was in the Blu-Ray section, how do you know that this thread is about Blu-ray? Did you threadjack that other thread when you problem was not Blu-Ray related?

When I delete the button it works great (.iso finishes successfully). Add it again (in any menu) and it fails at the end of the .iso creation.

I will try that 'proxy file' idea, I had no idea what that is.. I'll let you know.

If it all fails, Ill set the button to play one movie instead of all in project and Ill let you know if it then works.

Looks like I have many more renders on my hands lol

I will try to duplicate those tests today on my PC.

I flogged it with a 51 hour render over the last 3 days only to have it fail…

Interesting. I BTW did try it again on each submenu and it gave the subject error again.

The link was always "All movies in project".. but it still failed.

What I did notice (your picture was helpful) was that my play all button shows as last on the list in the project view.. I wonder if I can somehow create it up at the top like you did if it would work... I'm betting that is my problem! It is on the same level as my other menus.. I don't have the "OR" option that is showing in yours.

HOWEVER - If I do a project preview the play all button works fine. That is another reason why it was so hard to find the problem.

I built a small mini-project for testing, my structure is like this:

capturecol.jpg

Archived