• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture video using the roxio USB problems

Mika

Question

:ninja: Hi Mr. Jim,

I Have the roxio creator 2009 special edition that come with the roxio USB to capture video. My computer has the widows vista, I am not a computer sabi, so what else do you need to know about the computer?? :huh: .

When I capture the video from the Hi8 video camera (SONY) to the roxio program for capturing the video it records like if is in fast motion, it cuts seconds from the video and the sound at the same time. Is like if you are watching an accelarated video. When I open a ticket regarding this topic they told me to defrag the files, to check for the video card update, and to check if the computer has a 2 USB port. I check all this and the problem continues. I have VHS videos and Hi8 videos that I would like to convert to DVDs.

thank you for your time. :)

3 answers to this question

The tech support advice is sound! A fresh defraged HDD is a must in capture! Likewise a USB 2 port is required for this device/software to work.

Need to know your computer specs, like I have in my signature.

Also like to make sure the capture really is faulty??? You need a DVD RW to use for testing. Works great in learning too

Take the capture all the way through to burning on the RW and throw it in a Player. How does it look and sound?

'Fast capture' is most likely due to the computer not being able to keep up with the massive flow coming in! In that case it 'drops frames' resulting in the fast appearance and audio. In more extreme cases, it becomes jerky and the audio is missing chunks.

My PC info: Windows Vista Home Basic, Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC, GenuineIntel ® PU 575@2.00 GHz, RAM 2GB. I will defrag again the files and try what you told me, I will let you know what happens. thank you

The tech support advice is sound! A fresh defraged HDD is a must in capture! Likewise a USB 2 port is required for this device/software to work.

Need to know your computer specs, like I have in my signature.

Also like to make sure the capture really is faulty??? You need a DVD RW to use for testing. Works great in learning too

Take the capture all the way through to burning on the RW and throw it in a Player. How does it look and sound?

'Fast capture' is most likely due to the computer not being able to keep up with the massive flow coming in! In that case it 'drops frames' resulting in the fast appearance and audio. In more extreme cases, it becomes jerky and the audio is missing chunks.

My PC info: Windows Vista Home Basic, Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC, GenuineIntel ® PU 575@2.00 GHz, RAM 2GB. I will defrag again the files and try what you told me, I will let you know what happens. thank you

Well that is going to be a problem…

You have a Celeron CPU and the minimum specification is a Pentium. It is no longer spelled out clearly in the specs since they changed them, but it was required for Creator 2009 and that is what this is based on.

You might be able to get by but you can see you are already having trouble with it.

Defrag and Disc Free space are a must!

Try it with 2 different capture settings. Try DV and then try another set at DV HQ.

Let me know what you find.

Archived