DVD menu with many chapters

secretsanta

Question

I am trying to create a DVD using Roxio Creator 2009 (MyDVD but willing to use anything) for my 3 year old son to navigate. Our standalone Panasonic DVD recorder creates a menu of 8 chapters on one screen, with chapter names, with an screenshot for each chapter chosen from the chapter, and by pressing the right cursor you can move through each chapter selection to the next screen of chapters. In MyDVD I don't see a way to get more than 4 chapters on a screen, or to choose a screenshot for each chapter, or have the 'right' key take you to the next page. Can you help?

1 answer to this question

I am trying to create a DVD using Roxio Creator 9 (MyDVD but willing to use anything) for my 3 year old son to navigate. Our standalone Panasonic DVD recorder creates a menu of 8 chapters on one screen, with chapter names, with an screenshot for each chapter chosen from the chapter, and by pressing the right cursor you can move through each chapter selection to the next screen of chapters. In MyDVD I don't see a way to get more than 4 chapters on a screen, or to choose a screenshot for each chapter, or have the 'right' key take you to the next page. Can you help?

I don't think that ther is a template with 8 chapters but there are some with 6. You just have to start with a menu that has the six and aa thumbnail selection option, change the background to one you like and then keep adding. After the 6, you will be asked if you want a new menu page for the rest.

If you have a version of the program that came with a piece of computer hardware, then you may not have all the options. If you did not install the "Content" disc, or the install was bad so you only have 5 menu selections, then reinstall that.

Perhaps this will help also.

Archived