• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Widescreen Source to Normal Output

dwmckinney

Question

3 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
I have 16:9 source video that I'm trying to put in to a 4:3 letterbox format. Has anyone had success doing this with Videowave 7 or any other editing software?

Version 8 supports widescreen. However, I don't know if it outputs to 4:3.

I have 16:9 source video that I'm trying to put in to a 4:3 letterbox format. Has anyone had success doing this with Videowave 7 or any other editing software?

I once used VirtualDub-MPEG2 to do something like this. I posted the exact instructions somewhere so I could always refer to it in the future and have now forgotten where I posted it. :)

I believe I used the 'resize' filter in virtual dub, manually scaled down the video to 480 pixels wide and however many pixels high it needed to be to maintain 16:9 and ran VirtualDub. VirtualDub fills in any blank areas with a color of your choice - voila! - letterbox format.

That's my vague recollection of the procedure, try it with a short 1-2 minute clip from your video and use plenty of previews to get the settings just right.

Lance

Yes, Videowave 8 does this flawless. Sorry Version 7 does not support 16:9 at all.

Open Videowave

Start a new 4:3 project

add the 16:9 file

done

Videowave will automatically letterbox it. That was the first thing I tried. In fact, you can mix 4:3 and 16:9 in the same project. You also have the choice of using pan/zoom in Version 8 to crop off the edges.

Videowave 8 will also do the opposite. Start with a 16:9 project and then add a 4:3 file. It will then add the black bars on the left and right to make it 16:9. One thing I love about Videowave 8 and MyDVD 8. They both output true anamorphic 16:9 without futzing around too much with settings.

Archived