'Configuration'

albertarn

Question

:angry: I am having a problem. Recently I downloaded the most current update from Roxio.com and installed it. Now I keep getting annoying messages saying 'please wait while Roxio EMC 10 conifgures', which it never does. I keep getting error messages that say 'the action you are trying to access is on a network pathway which does not exist'. I cannot find the .msi file the computer insists it needs. The computer also continues to try to 'configure' the software in spite of repeated cancellations. I recently installed Norton utilities for cleaning the registry & file repairs and I suspect this may have something to do with it, as the problem did not exist before I installed Norton Utils. I re-installed the update, but the problem persists. What should I do?

5 answers to this question

Problem FINALLY fixed. I had to roll back all the registry changes Norton Utils had made, but once that was done, I could uninstall all the components & then re-install the program. Now I just have to figure out how to get Norton to ignore all Roxio/Sonic registry items, as was suggested.

Thanks guys!

Use Microsoft's Installer Clean up Utility to get rid of it. Also, set Norton to ignore any and all Roxio and Sonic registry entried.

Also read this.

Can't find any such thing when I hit Windows 'start' and then 'Programs'. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Now I am having additional problems. I have uninstalled & reinstalled it but the problem persists. I had to manually remove EMC 10 because when I tried to uninstall, it gave numeric error messages & refused to uninstall. Now, what is happening is not only does the original problem persist, but it gives me some 'unable to find certificate file' message, even AFTER reinstallation! This is becoming MOST frustrating. And the Windows website and 'Help' is no help at all; it seems to assume this 'clean up install utility' is easy to find. What should I do now?

Can't find any such thing when I hit Windows 'start' and then 'Programs'. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Now I am having additional problems. I have uninstalled & reinstalled it but the problem persists. I had to manually remove EMC 10 because when I tried to uninstall, it gave numeric error messages & refused to uninstall. Now, what is happening is not only does the original problem persist, but it gives me some 'unable to find certificate file' message, even AFTER reinstallation! This is becoming MOST frustrating. And the Windows website and 'Help' is no help at all; it seems to assume this 'clean up install utility' is easy to find. What should I do now?

Google and the Support Tab (above) are your friends.

Windows Install Utility

From Support Home Tab

Unable to find Certificate

and

Clean Install for XP; scroll down for Vista

Just to confirm, do you have the full commercial version of Easy Media Creator 10 and not a OEM that came with your computer or piece of hardware?

Google and the Support Tab (above) are your friends.

Windows Install Utility

From Support Home Tab

Unable to find Certificate

and

Clean Install for XP; scroll down for Vista

Just to confirm, do you have the full commercial version of Easy Media Creator 10 and not a OEM that came with your computer or piece of hardware?

Yes, it is the full commercial version. Bought it in a computer store.

:angry: I am having a problem. Recently I downloaded the most current update from Roxio.com and installed it. Now I keep getting annoying messages saying 'please wait while Roxio EMC 10 conifgures', which it never does. I keep getting error messages that say 'the action you are trying to access is on a network pathway which does not exist'. I cannot find the .msi file the computer insists it needs. The computer also continues to try to 'configure' the software in spite of repeated cancellations. I recently installed Norton utilities for cleaning the registry & file repairs and I suspect this may have something to do with it, as the problem did not exist before I installed Norton Utils. I re-installed the update, but the problem persists. What should I do?

Use Microsoft's Installer Clean up Utility to get rid of it. Also, set Norton to ignore any and all Roxio and Sonic registry entried.

Also read this.

Archived