• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I Burn music cd using the desk top Icon

grm

Question

I have 2010 Creator and have been trying to burn music cd's using the desk top icon. All goes well however the cd does not play in any cd player. How do I change the format to wav?

grm

HP- Pavilion

Windows Vista Home Premium

3.00GB RAM

Intel-®, Pentium-®, Dual CPU E2200@2.20GHz 2.20GHz

298GB Hard Drive

Disk Partition C- 64GB free

Disk Partition D-1GB free

K Drive- 465GB

K Drive-86.3GB free

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT with 1GB GDDR3

Total Graphics memory-2303MB

Dedicated Graphics Memory-1024MB

Dedicated System Memory-0MB

Shared System Memory-1279MB

Display Adapter Driver Version-8.16.11.9107

Primary Monitor Resolution-1440x900

DirectX Version-DirectX 10

6 answers to this question

If you click on the Desktop icon it opens the Roxio Home app.

You should go down to the Music/Audio tab on the left and click.

The when that opens go to Create/Burn Audio Cd's.

When that screen opens add your tracks.

Then hit the big green button with the arrow.

I had a box pop up that told me the disc wouldn't be appendable.This is true of all Audio cd's.

The disc should burn and then be usable in any player that will play recorded discs.Not all players will,especially older ones.

An audio cd actually has PCM coding on it.If you look at the disc in Windows Explorer what you should see is a series of .cda files,all 1kb in size.Those are just pointers to the actual PCM on the disc.They will not play music if you try and copy them off the disc.

If your discs aren't playing then somewhere in this series of steps you changed something.

Make sure that you're making Audio cd's and not MP3 discs.

Another thing you could try is to use Music Disc Creator itself.Either go to Create/Create Music Disc Projects or go to your Start menu and under Roxio 2010 go to Apps and then Music Disc Creator.Once again make sure that you choose Audio Cd as the Project type.

If you click on the Desktop icon it opens the Roxio Home app.

You should go down to the Music/Audio tab on the left and click.

The when that opens go to Create/Burn Audio Cd's.

When that screen opens add your tracks.

Then hit the big green button with the arrow.

I had a box pop up that told me the disc wouldn't be appendable.This is true of all Audio cd's.

The disc should burn and then be usable in any player that will play recorded discs.Not all players will,especially older ones.

An audio cd actually has PCM coding on it.If you look at the disc in Windows Explorer what you should see is a series of .cda files,all 1kb in size.Those are just pointers to the actual PCM on the disc.They will not play music if you try and copy them off the disc.

If your discs aren't playing then somewhere in this series of steps you changed something.

Make sure that you're making Audio cd's and not MP3 discs.

Another thing you could try is to use Music Disc Creator itself.Either go to Create/Create Music Disc Projects or go to your Start menu and under Roxio 2010 go to Apps and then Music Disc Creator.Once again make sure that you choose Audio Cd as the Project type.

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe I explained myself very well.

To explain: I put a cd-r in the computer tray first. The Disc burning icon appears.

I then bring my music to the desktop and drag the files to the Desktop icon and burn.

The disc will play on my computer with media player but nothing else. If I then (with the burned disc still in the computer) click on the menue tab of the desk icon and choose explore from the drop down list the screen displays the name of the files and the format (wav) that were burned. Mine shows wav but the disc only plays in media player, nothing else. How do I fix this?

grm

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe I explained myself very well.

To explain: I put a cd-r in the computer tray first. The Disc burning icon appears.

I then bring my music to the desktop and drag the files to the Desktop icon and burn.

The disc will play on my computer with media player but nothing else. If I then (with the burned disc still in the computer) click on the menue tab of the desk icon and choose explore from the drop down list the screen displays the name of the files and the format (wav) that were burned. Mine shows wav but the disc only plays in media player, nothing else. How do I fix this?

grm

Follow the directions in the last paragraph in post #2.

I put a cd-r in the computer tray first. The Disc burning icon appears.

That is a little subsystem called "Roxio Burn". It makes a data disc containing your music files. That's why they will play on a computer but not on your CD player.

Ogdens' directions in post #2 are for making a CD-Audio disc, which is what you need.

That is a little subsystem called "Roxio Burn". It makes a data disc containing your music files. That's why they will play on a computer but not on your CD player.

Ogdens' directions in post #2 are for making a CD-Audio disc, which is what you need.

Thanks to all for your replys. Had a friend who said he used that to make his cd's, must be he never put them in a cd player! Will follow your instructions. Thanks again.

grm

Thanks to all for your replys. Had a friend who said he used that to make his cd's, must be he never put them in a cd player! Will follow your instructions. Thanks again.

grm

He may be right… just to keep you confused, some players can play both Audio CD's as well as MP3 CD's :lol:

So what he said may be correct for his Player but not work on yours…

Archived