• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Preserve Original Audio in Video Productions

BlueNose1

Question

Hi,

I'm new to video editing and am using Roxio Creator 10 to import all the videos from my camera onto the PC so I can work with them in Cinemagic and VideoWave. The only problem I'm having is being able to preserve the original audio that's on the videos in a finished production. I can see all the options to add background music but I just want the original audio in a lot of my films. Is this possible using this product? If not can anyone recommend a good solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

4 answers to this question

Haven't used Roxio 10 (EMC10 to me) in a long time now, but as I remember there was a way to play a video and just extract the audio portion when in Videowave. If I'm correct, try that. There used to be a small Icon you could click on to extract the audio portion I think.

If I'm wrong, one of our other gurus will most likely reply with some advice. So stay tuned <_<

Frank...

Hi,

I'm new to video editing and am using Roxio Creator 10 to import all the videos from my camera onto the PC so I can work with them in Cinemagic and VideoWave. The only problem I'm having is being able to preserve the original audio that's on the videos in a finished production. I can see all the options to add background music but I just want the original audio in a lot of my films. Is this possible using this product? If not can anyone recommend a good solution for this?

Thanks in advance,

Al.

The problem is that you are trying to use Cinemagic for editing your file (at least that's what it sounds like). Cinemagic will always suppress (remove) the native audio from the video file(s) automatically that you use in it. It's because it's designed to create a "Highlights" type projects so the video it retains is just pieces of the original, so leaving the native audio with the resulting video would end up being unbearable to listen to.

Stick with Videowave only to do your editing etc as that does not suppress the native audio, unless you want to mute parts of it.

It would also be helpful if you note the correct name of the software you are using. Creator 2010 (the forum area you posted in) or Easy Media Creator 10 (a.k.a EMC 10). They are not the same and have differences in some of the same apps. Using the term Creator 10 makes it sound like you have EMC 10.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I've now got it working using Videowave. I'll bear in mind your advice regarding the software name for future posts. Now to get my large home video collection onto my PC...... :-)

So what Roxio program do you actually have running "Videowave" ?? Glad you got your problem solved

Frank...

Archived